Anyone else notice IB neglecting stock and option value from Net Liq

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ET180, Jan 18, 2020.

1. ET180

ET180

I checked my IB account this morning to see how option assignment went. I noticed that my Net Liq was a small fraction of what it was yesterday afternoon when I checked after hours. I then looked at my account and noticed that IB attributes a value of 0 to my current stock and option value. So my net liq is simply the cash value of the account. Obviously this is a bug, but did anyone else notice this?

2. Seeing the same here too. All my long options are showing 0 value. I'm sure they will get it going soon. Probably just a weekend software patch going on.

3. traider

traider

what happens if they dont fix it by monday and they autoliquidate everyone at the worst prices possible?
    class legal law suit pending?

athlonmank8 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  4. Why trade at IB now when you can shave 40% off your commissions at AMTD? Not to mention trade ITM options @ expiration without getting bullshit margin rejections.

IB has lost their minds.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Is the US option market open on Monday, MLK day?

6. FSU

FSU

No

7. ET180

ET180

UPDATE: I just checked and they fixed the issue.

That's why I asked. If others see the same thing, then they probably already know about it.

IB (PRO) still has a few benefits:
    1. They pay around 1.05% on idle cash. TD pays basically nothing.
    2. They have an API

I considered TD a few years ago, but their option assignment fee was a no-go. Their commissions were also not as competitive as IBs. TD still charges a $0.60 / contract fee on options which is close to what IB (tiered) charges. Sometimes (although rarely) I even get negative commissions through IB. Basically, if you don't buy at the ask and sell at the bid, the commissions are competitive with TD. So there's not a huge incentive for me to switch. But if I was doing it over again, I might go with TD and buy a 3rd party EOD data supplier. Some of IBs historical data is a bit dirty. Like that one day in 2006 when SPY traded at 14,000...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  8. traider

traider

Is tiered cheaper for options? I am on tiered but the fees are very different for different exchanges different stocks and whether you cross the spread.

9. ET180

ET180

Actually, I might be wrong on that...I'm not sure if there is a fixed option for options. Looks like it's just smart routing vs. direct with smart routing being a bit cheaper.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1590&p=options