Anyone else locked out by IB failure yesterday?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nello, Oct 30, 2010.

1. nello

nello

We couldn't log in before market or at open. Apparently they were having technical problems with their login servers.

Cost us a fair bit of money (according to our paper trades using same algorithm).

Were we the only ones affected? I thought I would see comment here.

Regards,

Nello

2. Mine worked fine all day (US Server). :cool:

3. no problems either for me all day Friday (us server)

4. gov

gov

again, fine us servers

5. No probs. of course I didn't get out of bed til 11am so maybe I missed sumethin.:cool:

6. Bob111

Bob111

what? np..no failure either..at least for me..you should be more specific about markets,problems and failures..

7. nello

nello

Hi,

I'm happy to be more specific. It may be just that you guys weren't affected (which is interesting - why us?) or it may just be that you don't need access to the very start of the market and they resolved their problems early enough in the day not to bother you.

Our problems were with logging in to TWS on two separate client accounts that we use to trade NYSE and Nasdaq. We're algorithmic traders and need access to market open data, and were totally unable to get into TWS between 7:30am and 9:31am.

We also have a master account that was available for login this entire time, so it may also just be that they broke something to do with subaccounts. We do not trade through our master account and so have not subscribed it to any data feeds, unfortunately removing switching over to it as an option.

Thanks,

Nello

8. Bob111

Bob111

if you talking about friday-there was no problem with IB. my apps are up from 7:30 and i was able to login into other accounts at the time you specified without any problem. so...look on your side,start with IP provider..learn how to switch between servers..talk to IB before saying "failure"...
    if there were any problems with IB on friday-it will be flood of posts all over ET..you can't miss it..

9. nello

nello

We spoke to IB. They admitted the failure. Don't guess when you don't know.

10. cstfx

cstfx

Don't come here asking then. Next time go directly to IB and ask them.

It never ceases to amaze me that when people have a problem with their broker, they come here first and ask rather than go directly top the source. Especially when you are running a business. :confused:

#10     Oct 31, 2010