Anyone else hit the burnout point with trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tango29, Jun 3, 2020.

1. heispark

heispark

Sorry, but I doubt you are really a profitable trader... or are you losing your edge?

#11     Jun 3, 2020
  2. It should not have happened in this market( last 4 months). Market was exciting. Boredom in trading comes with losses. It is always exciting when money is being made. Once you start making money it will go away. Find stocks from the sectors which are trading with market and a lot of things are happening in them. Right now if you search you will find plenty of them.
    More complex you make trading, it is going to be more boring. IMO.
    * I am 5 years younger than you are in trading.

#12     Jun 3, 2020
  3. oshjdf

oshjdf

Try physical activities that shift your focus from trading during that activities. Jogging will not cut for that. Gym will not cut for that. You may try sports and farming. Farming is the best because you will have alternative income too.

How many hours you normally spend for trading per day?

#13     Jun 3, 2020
    vanzandt and athlonmank8 like this.
  4. Did you read anything he wrote? How is getting a new monitor going to help lol?

#14     Jun 3, 2020
  5. Swing trading + golf course

#15     Jun 3, 2020
    zoned_post_meridiem and comagnum like this.
  6. gaussian

gaussian

Burnout isn't as easy to solve as taking vacations unfortunately. I've hit extreme periods of burnout programming.

The only thing that really solved it for me was finding the reason and then fixing the reason. Taking time off just made things worse as the existential dread of going back to work approached.

#16     Jun 3, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  7. hafez50

hafez50

Spend 2 hrs a day at the gym . As somebody said if your coining cash its fun . If your making little or losing it's crap.Back in 2002 i went like 27 straight weeks with a min of $30k a week . It was surreal and fun .Now i did this with a $200k account and 4-1 margin .

#17     Jun 3, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, we know how that went.

lol!

#18     Jun 3, 2020
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Been trading since 1978, yes several times of burnout. Each time I went radical way of change by getting jobs most people would not attempt or do. Been truck driver and trade from the bunk, diamond currier was boring of hopping planes, went to wind turbine tech school and learned to fix blades-don't look down. Take parachuting up, very fun first 100 jumps, knees hurt now or learn to fly plane. But I wouldn't take some mundane job, that be like trading again. Work at others till they become a job then quit and trading be fun again.

#19     Jun 3, 2020
    d08 and athlonmank8 like this.
  10. kmiklas

kmiklas

I find that having a second job/interest that I can work while the ball bounces helps a lot.

Take some university/night classes. They can be related to trading, like Computer Science, Mathematics, and Economics, ir something completely different, like Psychology or Genetics.

It also helps to get involved with a local charity. Work with a church or food bank.

#20     Jun 3, 2020
    Sprout likes this.