Anyone else having trouble with their RefcoFX accounts?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ForexGuru, May 2, 2007.

1. Anyone else having trouble with their RefcoFX accounts?

I have been away from trading for 2 1/2 years and now I can't log into my RefcoFX mini-account.

ForexGuru

2. cstfx

cstfx

RefcoFx no longer handles mini accounts.

3. Surdo

Surdo

4. Santos30

Santos30

Refco is dead and burreid since 2 years! Where have you been all that time?! You account is gone forever!

5. Moe27

Moe27

L.M.F.A.O .:p

6. Who has taken over the RefcoFX accounts? I assume my account has been transferred over but RefcoFX didn't notify me.

I would like to get back to trading FX.

7. cstfx

cstfx

Accounts were not insured. No SIPC. They were in bankruptcy for 2 yrs. Creditors made claim against traders' funds, and since traders were unsecured creditors, they were one of the last to get their money. In the end, most account holders got less than 20% of account value. Account holders were supposed to sign something, I think, to accept payout/transfer. I don't know where you can go, but you might want to Google Refco and start from there and maybe you can find out who to contact, because after all this time, I have no idea who finally ended up as broker for the accounts. I think it was either Gain or Man that finally got control.

Good Luck. And thank God you only had a mini. Many people lost far more money, some in the 100,000's.

8. Are you yanking my chain?

9. cstfx

cstfx

Seriously? Do a friggin' Google search and get caught up to 2007 if you think we are wasting your time.

This thread is a waste.

10. This has got to be a joke.

#10     May 3, 2007