Anyone else having Anti-Virus say the certificate invalid on update?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tango29, Jun 3, 2020.

1. tango29

tango29

As it starts to install the latest update, my Norton pops up a warning that the security certificate is invalid. Usually I can by pass when I get these warnings, but it isn't letting me go through with the update. Curious if anyone else is getting this with the newest update?
    Getting a lot annoyed at the moment.

2. tango29

tango29

I ended up turning off the Firewall portion of Norton and the install went through. That was from tech support and they suggested if it happens in the future to download from the website to bypass the platform installer.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Who uses anti-virus?

4. tango29

tango29

I have ever since we had three boys. :)) They are out of the house, mostly, at this point, but I still feel better with it. My trading computer actually never does anything else, but trade, even still I have it on there for an added layer of security in case I end up surfing on it at some point.

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Do you ever wonder why your computer is more prone to viruses when you have an anti virus? Let me give you a secret, the companies that make the anti viruses also make the viruses. I've been running Windows 10 and Linux on my computer for years now without any problems. Windows 10 has it's own virus protector, but is better for apps and programs, and Linux is like a bullet proof tank that doesn't even allow downloaded files without a password. Most of my internet browsing is done on Linux. I couldn't even try to download a virus without a password.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the anti virus, and stop paying money to companies that tell you you need one to browse the internet. Windows 10 already has a virus protector, and if you want the best security just install Linux

Relentless likes this.
  6. tango29

tango29

I have a good friend who does exactly as you are doing and is after me to make the switch. At this point the only thing stopping me is laziness. When I have to get a new computer the plan is to go ahead and make the change.

Trader Curt likes this.
  7. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yep, install Windows 10 and Linux (I like Mint version the best). And whenever you start your computer you will have the option to boot into Windows 10 or Linux Mint. It's actually pretty easy...

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Win 10 protection is chit (screwed me anyway when it first was released) and the last thing I want to do is install yet another piece of software Linux or otherwise.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Linux isn't just " a piece of software", it's an OS.

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

A piece of software that is an OS. Better?

"I was born at night, not last night".

#10     Jun 3, 2020