Anyone else having a hard time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketwhizz, Aug 4, 2006.

1. dac8555

dac8555

this month has been tough so far...gap ups, gap downs, i gave up most of my july gains already. i think it is more of strange anticipation of a fed hike or pause.

#11     Aug 4, 2006
  2. Been a great month, even greator week. You have the S&P moving 150 points a day. How could anyone complain??? Things have been moving nicely.

#12     Aug 4, 2006
  3. Marketwhizz, its tough trading these days for me also. I cut my size through the rough times. Not all are having a tough time but if it helps you i have been trading 7 years and august allways sucks for me. Also a good friend of mine is on a roller coaster up 3k one day down 5k the next. I dont need that stress so i trade small and iam grinding away.

#13     Aug 4, 2006
  4. As far as you're concerned, NO ONE makes any money trading.

#14     Aug 4, 2006
  5. As I said, it's probably great for scalpers looking for pennies and nickels but for traders looking for a couple points at the minimum, this is tough going.

#15     Aug 4, 2006
  6. yeah.. its because they are EFFICIENT. nobody but the broker makes any money.

#16     Aug 4, 2006
  7. I was actually not looking for any advice-- this is just time for me just to mostly sit in cash and wait for the big boys to come back in september. low volume augusts usually suck for my kind of trading system. anyway, as i said, not looking for advice, was just curious if anyone else found this market frustrating.

#17     Aug 4, 2006
  8. You must be a BSD to have issues with "low volume augusts". I have to admit, I really mistook you for something else.

But, yeah.. even the great ones go through bankrupties, suicides, 5 wives etc.

#18     Aug 4, 2006

9. What's a BSD?

#19     Aug 4, 2006
  10. jho

jho

Big Swinging Dick???

Don't listen to Ripley, he's whinning cause he's not making money. If he can't make money, no one can.

*Edit* He just doesn't understand that at the moment your strategy isn't working in this market environment

#20     Aug 4, 2006