Anyone else have bad US equity options quotes from IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bungrider, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Basically; or locked ...

#21     Jan 13, 2003
  2. this is annoying...

now if i want to trade with a quote that is not displayed by TWS, i have to either lock that quote and hope i get filled or route directly there for an extra 0.95 per contract, doubling the commission per trade...

hey metooxx, can i call you up any time i lock the market to see if you want the trade?

:mad:

#22     Jan 13, 2003
  3. qdz2

qdz2

BOO...

Heard complaints from my friends. Told you it is possible that quote and execution are manipulated by agents. I am not saying it is happening. It is just very possible.

:p

#23     Jan 13, 2003
  4. white17

white17

I noticed this last week that market depth window showed quotes and size that did not agree with quotes in SMART. I put all exchanges on the screen to see if it was possible to hit the best direct. Answer is yes but you're correct that it costs more. Also correct that it's BS.

I'm glad you posted this because I was beginning to think there was something (else) in this game I didn't understand.

#24     Jan 13, 2003
  5. mskl

mskl

If you guys feel strongly about this then you should send your complaints to IB management. I did last week. The more they hear about it the better chance it gets fixed.

Make sure you let them know that auto's are often available and not only do you not route there but you don't post the quote in the SMART quote.

#25     Jan 13, 2003
  6. white17

white17

I sent mine

#26     Jan 13, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

:eek:

nitro

#27     Jan 13, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

egggsxactly...

nitro

#28     Jan 13, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

The problem is, the good ones cost a fortune.

Out of curiosity what do you use?

nitro

#29     Jan 13, 2003
  10. mskl

mskl

mainly TAL (OPTRECO server - a new server designed for options)

#30     Jan 13, 2003