Anyone else have bad US equity options quotes from IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bungrider, Jan 13, 2003.

1. I think the title says it all...I'm referring to bids and offers and B/A size as well...

I'm also getting conflicting options data between the Market Depth window and the market data line for the same option!

2. ...just got late CBOE data that finally showed up on TWS...

i'm thinking that maybe the problem has to do with market data from certain exchanges...

3. No; exchange data is fine ...

4. mskl

mskl

The problem is IB has decided not to broadcast quotes that are not flagged with auto executions in their SMART quote.

IMO, not a good move, considering the flags are often incorrect. I've sent something to IB managament but so far it appears that they will not change.

5. You are kidding; I hope ...

6. There is no correlation between those fields and reality ...

7. I think you guys need a new broker ...

8. mskl

mskl

not kidding. And yes the flags are often wrong.

I'm very surprised at this considering there are times when an auto exists and now they will not post it in their SMART quote (because it is not flagged) and will not route it there as well.

Hard to believe that even the most ignorant of IB customers would not want to see the "BEST" bid/ask even if the flags are correct in identifying auto's.

9. mskl

mskl

don't think so.

10. Let me clarify - I meant that IB was having a problem displaying the data from certain exchanges, i.e. CBOE. My esignal feed was showing, for example, an offer from CBOE that I wanted to take, but IB was not showing this offer. I used a limit order (SMART routing) at the CBOE offer price, and IB sent the order to ISE, locking the market.

About 2min later, IB finally showed the CBOE offer and when I hit it, it autoexecuted right away...so the auto-ex theory seems right on from where I'm standing...

What happened to the old system with color-coding bids and offers depending on whether autoex was available or not?? This new system of not showing them at all is bullshit...

#10     Jan 13, 2003