anyone daytrading the QM mini Crude Oil?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by increasenow, Mar 1, 2011.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

17/17 :D

If he traded in the direction of price movement, he made at least 20 ticks. You can't make less than 20 ticks with CL today IF you trade in the direction of price. Even if you accidentally liquidate your position a minute after putting it on because you hit the wrong mouse button or hit the wrong hot-key, you will accidentally have made at least 20 ticks. :p

#21     Mar 2, 2011
  2. I'm just teasing Inky because he always gives such vague info. Which is ironic because he asks a lot of questions with the expectation of getting thorough answers in return.

On another thread we are finding out that Inky may have been the slow kid in school so this could account for some of his posts being the way they are. :)

#22     Mar 2, 2011
  3. @noDoji:

YM stands for "Why Me?"

#23     Mar 7, 2011
  4. For the umpteenth time, if you can't comfortably trade a 1-lot of the full size ("maxi") contract, you shouldn't trade the mini-size contract at all. :(

#24     Mar 7, 2011
  5. GiantDog

GiantDog

I think YM stands for "Yo mama". :p

#25     Mar 7, 2011
  6. never understood this thinking...this is what minis are there for... to "practice" on for the large contract...i.e, mini Gold, mini Silver, mini corn etc...

#26     Mar 13, 2011
  7. @NoDoji

wow what a model!

Whats your record now?

#27     Mar 18, 2016

8. @NoDoji

and how do you know whether to go long or short?

o_O

#28     Mar 18, 2016
  9. Good question; really you dont ''know'' Most of the long term trends are Up ,[ MODERN TRADER magazine APRIL issue] {WTI- TX TEA}oil; but 1 year, 5 year oil chart is down TREND-bear.I , believe it or not,LOL, i bought a mini purchase of $3.09+9/10,[Three bucks, cash, i get real good gas milage] oil derivative but it was a mini purchase of gasoline, cash. Mr Nazzdack is right. Never try to learn to trade in a leveraged market- Rich Dennis is one of the the exceptions that proved that rule!!

Adding to the complexity, in 2015, 2016 Arabia likes cheap oil [cheap oil means less oil players-drillers]+ makes up for it on volume; NOT a prediction.

#29     Mar 18, 2016
  10. %%
    Seriously; buy , or borrow a good trading book from your profits-that way you will never go broke...................................................................................................

#30     Mar 21, 2016