anyone daytrade options on qqq

Discussion in 'Options' started by janko, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I have scalped QQQ options several times. In retrospect, it would have been a lot easier to just trade the underlying. If you're going to do it, I suggest trading high delta options with tight spreads with the most current expiration month. Since most, if not all, QQQ options have tight spreads, it should not be a problem.

In retrospect, I would have rather just traded the underlying. The spread on options can only get as tight as 5 cents, whereas the actual QQQ ETF can be less.

However, after getting slammed by making bad option trades on IBM (and now apparently MSFT is going to slam me), I am sticking to only a couple of things and that is it.

You know you are playing the game all ass-backwards when you are quickly calculating the delta of your options position so you know how much stock to purchase or sell in the underlying to hedge your position.

#11     Nov 2, 2002
  2. ess1096

ess1096

I dug out this old thread because I'm wondering if daytrading the QQQQ options has become any more popular since penny incremement option prices took effect and the spreads have come down from .05 or .10 cents to .01 or .02 cents.

#12     Aug 20, 2007
  3. Wow, this is a moldy old thread.

I remember most of these schmucks. Wonder where they all went? :p

#13     Aug 20, 2007
  4. cpatriaw

cpatriaw

i read somewhere that options penny pricing doesn't necessarily bring up the volume, altough this is not indication about daytrading in qqqq.

#14     Sep 3, 2007
  5. IQ146

IQ146

h

#15     Sep 3, 2007
  6. I like it better with the tighter spreads. I find that they are easier to trade than options on stocks ( my opinion ).

#16     Sep 4, 2007