anyone daytrade CME Globex Swiss Franc Futures?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by increasenow, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ya'll are missing something...the Euro future and Swiss Franc futures track almost identical...+correlation...

the EUR/USD vs USD/CHF forex cross rates, track opposite on a -correlation...

#11     Mar 15, 2010
  2. Learn to trade Increasenow then you can offer advice, beside you were a gold Guru last week, and now all of a sudden a CHF guru?

#12     Mar 15, 2010
  3. +1

#13     Mar 15, 2010
  4. The futures are based on EURUSD and CHFUSD fwds. To say that they "track almost identical" is obviously equivalent to stating that EURCHF never moves, which would be a very silly thing to say, indeed.
    1) So what do you think the futures contracts you're trading are? Hint: they ain't EURUSD and CHFUSD spot, that's fer sure...
    2) Well, if you don't trade them, don't you think you might want to refrain from making sweeping statements about how correlated they are? Generally, how do you define "high correlation"? Over what time period have you been observing "high correlation"?

#14     Mar 16, 2010
  5. take the Swiss Franc Future and overlay the USD/CHF forex pair over it...you will see they go in opposite directions...try it...

#15     Mar 16, 2010
  6. Nooooo? You don't say? Really? I hope you didn't put too much of a strain on your analytical skills while you were figuring this one out...

One is CHFUSD fwd, while the other is USDCHF spot, so it's sorta beyond obvious that "they go in opposite directions".

#16     Mar 16, 2010
  7. was just trying to help you understand...thanks

#17     Mar 16, 2010
  8. I appreciate the effort, but, just out of curiosity, whatever made you think I don't understand?

#18     Mar 16, 2010
  9. 1) True, agreed.
    2) I trade the futures, not the cash, spot, forwards, swaps nor any other derivative. The correlation I "see" occurs on an intra-day, daily, weekly and monthly basis.

#19     Mar 16, 2010
  10. His friends call him "Chief". :cool:

#20     Mar 16, 2010