Anyone cutting back their trading hours??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Hi all,

Nowadays I trade only the same large cap listed stock, and as we all know, things aren't as good as they used to be...

There are still good moves in the first hour or two, and I'm seriously considering doing something else for the rest of the day after trading the first 1 or 2 hours. Maybe going back to school or working 30-40 hours per week.

I've been tapering down my overnight positions already, and over the past 4-6 weeks I haven't been holding anything overnight, focusing purely on intraday trading.

What I want to know is whether you guys think I can still stay sharp if I am only trading the first hour or two every day (still the same stock, so I already know the stock extremely well and make money off it).

I'd greatly appreciate any input on this, and it would be great if there is anyone who is already in that situation where they were successfully trading full time but now only trade the first 1-2 hours.

Thanks in advance,
    -b

2. flipping burgers at McDonalds, and working at Walmart is looking pretty good, 'right 'bout now....

I find it almost impossible to believe that the traders that boast here, are actually keeping their profits, after a day or two. trading in these environments have been the most detrimental to one's long term financial health and account health.

many "leveraged firms", that's what they call these proprietary firms, are going outta business, just like Don Bright said they would...

many shops are losing accounts due to every reason under the trading sun, including boredom...

hey, who's to say what the next "trend" will be....

3. Ditch

Ditch

Since i limit my trading to 4 to 4.5 hours (first and last 2 hours) my trading improved. There were days where i traded 16 hours, only to end up with giving back profits and being exhausted.

4. If you don't mind my asking, do you trade one or a small number of stocks?

5. I only trade the first 45 minutes of market open (Nasdaq) :)

6. Ditch

Ditch

I trade futures, e-mini's and estx-50