Anyone Counting Price?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by fireflyx, Jan 28, 2006.

What is your opinion of Elliott wave theory?

1. positive

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. neutral

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. negative

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  4. never heard of EWT

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireflyx

fireflyx

I do take money from people outside this forum because THAT IS MY PROFESSION!

I create educational products for traders, tutorials mainly, because I feel that knowledge of price behavior is sorely lacking - the conventional sources failing miserably.

Think before you post.

fx

#11     Jan 29, 2006
  2. fireflyx

fireflyx

I haven't found any direct application of the Koch Curve to actual trading. But it can of course be used to illustrate scaling of price...

I've noticed that a number of other Chaos related ideas, while perhaps not practical to everyday trading, do aid an analyst in visualizing and understanding price movement better. Much better in fact.

For instance, Mandelbrot, in THE (MIS)BEHAVIOR OF MARKETS shows how turbulence in windspeed mirrors turbulence in a stock chart. He actually shows the charts side by side. The resemblance is amazing... his actual word was "uncanny."

fx

#12     Jan 29, 2006
  3. fireflyx

fireflyx

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that. Could you elaborate?

rgds,
    fx

#13     Jan 29, 2006
  4. fireflyx

fireflyx

Greetings to all,

Allow me to submit this graphic as a sort of real-time test of the counting sequences I've been laying out here for your consideration...

The chart explains why I'm now bearish on the Dow.

Of the 3 sequences I use most the 18 and 22 point are the most common (to get the wave count just add one to each of these numbers). The Dow has finished an 18 point count as of the 11050 high. The magenta dots are points 13-16 of the count. The red dots are 'terminal points' and always come at the end of a sequence.

I may fall on my face here but at least the high drama will be entertaining!

rgds,
    fx

#14     Jan 29, 2006
  5. The "classic" is Hurst: "The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing".
    Many variants of cycle theory have evolved - look at Kaufman.

My remark was only an impression. I'm not sure about your counting theory. Would love to have some more details.

#15     Jan 30, 2006
  6. Ok, listen here, If u are reduced to give tutorials and shite it clearly means u know fcuk about anything. If u can trade successfully u don't need to ask for money in order to fund your lousy bets.
    This is as clear as water to anyone here, so don't try to sell me crap like 'price behavior is lacking and the public needs to pay to learn it' 'cause that's just bullshit.
    Also I have the right to be offended, not u; shills and scammers do exactly what u are doing and if it was up to me u wouldn't be posting here at all.
    If u are really interested in helping other traders u don't ask for their money, u just post free info on your website, like many et'ers do. But I guess that wouldn't pay for your bills, since u can't make money on your trading, isn't it?

#16     Jan 30, 2006
  7. fireflyx: if you want to advertise here, please contact baron for his rates. I'm closing this tread and will delete it later today. If you remove your commercial web site references from your profile, you may start a new thread.

#17     Jan 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.