Anyone competing in IB trader olympiad this year?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Anyone competing in the traders Olympiad this year? Last year they had some bots that did pretty well.

I haven't seen many threads this year talking about it. Does no one know about the competition or just not many college kids on these forums anymore?

2. gusy

gusy

LOL, Some of us have graduated!!

Maybe I should have failed a class or two on purpose??

3. bathrobe

bathrobe

I am unaware of the olympiad, when does it begin? I am switching to IB in January

4. im doing it, CS is not my primary background though so I'm having a hard time getting started. I know Matlab but I'm having trouble getting the ActiveX to work and there's not many resources on it anyways.

5. yayt

yayt

I was thinking about it, prize is a great incentive, haha. What was the performance of the top performers last year ?

6. Bob111

Bob111

i wish i can play....pretty sure about top 10, but i'm not a student. guess have to wait until my son can be qualified. :)

7. WTF is that?

8. Bob111

Bob111

9. yayt

yayt

I'm registering. I am still a little confused as to whether we can use a program like OpenQuant or QuoteTracker to actually handle the logistics; and we only have to program the strategies themselves. Anyone know?

#10     Dec 15, 2007