anyone carrying positions this weekend???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Husky02, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Husky02

Husky02

funny, i'm actually long some APR03 puts as well....but ive really been sweating it out this weekend...best part about it is after following the VIX all weak and the fear momentum i know thursday was gonna be volatility. so i decide to put on a strangle, but like an idiot i tried to leg into. needless to say i was fighting over .05-.10 cents the first 1 hour of trading and never was able to get the calls and the rest as the say is history. learned a major lesson thursday....hopefully i will learn from it

#11     Mar 16, 2003
  2. omcate

omcate

I have been carrying positions over the weekend for the past four months.

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

#12     Mar 16, 2003
  3. have a little pair on-short WMT long TGT...someone else here was long TGT and i feel for you, TGT has been so DAMN weak recently....

#13     Mar 16, 2003
  4. white17

white17

Long strangles on the OEX.

#14     Mar 16, 2003
  5. ewile

ewile

NQ down 17.50 right now
    EQ down 10
    HSI down 175

#15     Mar 16, 2003
  6. I have been swing trading a ES 65 min chart down channel for quite a while. I am really surprised on how it has been hitting top and bottom. I have been playing it both long and short. I went short early Friday at about $840. I am trading with options to control risk. The market felt really strong Friday AM but I have found that I have always done the best when The market says long but the channel says short. I am able to buy puts at the bid when all the shorts are panicking. I don't fight the river while daytrading but Until this channel is broken I will just do what it tells me for swing trades. We shall see :confused:

#16     Mar 16, 2003
  7. lundy

lundy

that is a very bullish move imo, and will result in a new high today.

#17     Mar 17, 2003
  8. lundy

lundy

now that it took out the highs, i expect it to close within yesterdays trading range. most likely above the yesterdays open.

#18     Mar 17, 2003
    #19     Mar 17, 2003
  10. Mea Culpa- I still have all 130k of mine though. I've moved on somewhat. At this point, it will either come out fine (still possible) or be a nice tax loss at year end. I'm giving them 3 more quarters.

BTW: I have talked with some middle management lately, they are as upbeat as ever, they continue to find costs to cut, and will be a lean mean company if the economy recovers. Otherwise, they are still breakeven on an EPS basis, and cash flow positive on a FCF basis. They also continue to buy stock for their personal portfolio.

Good luck on your 100, and my bad. I don't intend to post my opinions on microcaps ever again. Sure learned a lesson there, though if you did THV with the DDN as a pair trade, you'd be up nicely still.

#20     Mar 18, 2003