Anyone Calling A Bottom Here is a) Brilliant (if right) or b) Retarded

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 27, 2008.

1. They say it's a fine line between genius and insanity.

p.s. - Asia getting Lizzie Borden-ed.

[​IMG]

2. Even if right, it's unlikely to be brilliance. The idea of making calls with a high degree of certainty in order to get credit from strangers on the Internet is retarded, however.

3. I'll call it.

But you go long first :D

4. what is this obsession with 'calling a bottom'? why are ppl more concerned with calling a bottom than a top? either way youll never get out at exactly the bottom or top, why bother trying to predict it?

5. Bottom of what???:confused:

There more bottoms here than at my beach:p

6. Why did you even bother to open up the post to read it.

Answer: Because you, like many, have to have group approval to confirm your thoughts. That is why you are here. If you were an independent thinker, you wouldnt even have wasted your time to read this and respond.

Either that or you are short and perturbed that the market is bouncing :D

7. All the signs of a bottom: extreme negativity, surging volatility,abrupt selloff, combined with strong economic fundamentals.

8. gkishot

gkishot

Combined with very attractive yields. For example junk bonds yield now about 15%. I remember last time when junk yields reached this levels in 2002 Buffett invested $8 bln in them.

http://jvbruni.com/berkshire.htm

9. I agree with BuyLoSellHi, and feel no fear in labelling any such prediction as too early. My only prediction is for Dow 7,000 or lower if the government meddling continues in the market. But who knows...

10. noddyboy

noddyboy

Or the market could stay flat and make all calls retarded.

#10     Oct 27, 2008