Anyone buying Vista?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by notouch, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Neet

Neet

Just buy a Macbook Pro. Really.

#41     Jan 28, 2007
  2. I'd wait on Vista, I mean seriously, their most recent version of Media Player has so many bugs it has trounced my laptop.

Do you really think their new OS is going to be free from bugs???

My 2 cents.

#42     Jan 28, 2007
  3. Bowgett

Bowgett

Have you seen software without bugs? I didn't.

#43     Jan 28, 2007
  4. Got my copy of Vista Business in the mail last week, and I must say I am impressed. I didn't try out any of the betas so I can't really speak from where it has come, but its running like a champ on my laptop and I didn't need to install any drivers at all.

That being said, i'm not comfortable enough to run it as my primary OS yet, but I am pleased with what I see.

#44     Jan 28, 2007
  5. Received a free Vista Business upgrade with my new PC.
    Will submit the upgrade, but will probably not install it until later.
    I want to wait a bit to see how things pan out, or the first serivce pack arrives. :(

#45     Jan 28, 2007
  6. JB3

JB3

May install it on the play computer to check it out. But I'll be waiting for the pioneers to battle test it first.

#46     Jan 29, 2007
  7. Create a new partition and just put it on that. Its nice being able to choose XP or Vista depending on what task i'm working on.

#47     Jan 29, 2007
  8. For those who have yet to read the thorough Windows Vista review (and related info) by Paul Thurrott at his SuperSite for Windows posted here yesterday, you may want to first scan his wrap-up page for "The Good and the Bad" notes listed to get a feel for Vista being of best use for your particular needs now or later/much later:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_08.asp

#48     Jan 29, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Oops.... according to this from Tom's Hardware guide...

"... The choice in Vista operating systems appears in the customization screens on Dell's order page. The default selection is Windows Home Premium with 1GB of RAM for free, while Vista Business costs either $99 or $199 more depending on what computer you select. Windows XP is no longer being offered as an operating system option...."

#49     Jan 30, 2007
  10. LT701

LT701

i run xp with classic interface

i cant imagine i'd like the new one any better, unless it's truly FASTER

#50     Jan 30, 2007