anyone been to japan?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FredBloggs, Aug 21, 2006.

1. This can't be true.....can it? o_O
    I've never been there so I don't know for sure, but this strikes me as a dish that shouldn't be served anywhere...and who would wanna eat it?

-TheActionKid

#11     Aug 22, 2006
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

so i guess you would spit, not swallow :D

#12     Aug 24, 2006
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Slightly OT.
    I've never been there but talked to a guy some years ago who had. He joked he was going to write a book about his experience and title it:
    "How to do Japan - For $3000 a day".

#13     Aug 24, 2006
  4. traderob

traderob

I've been living in japan for 10 years and never heard of this delicacy.

#14     Aug 24, 2006
  5. Uso! Umai da zo!.....iya, jyodan da!!

#15     Aug 24, 2006
  6. It is outlawed these days but if you have the connections then you can still get it: In China it is regarded as the ultimate delicacy to eat live chimpanzee brains. The chimpanzees head gets put in a steel band in a table and then the skull gets chopped off and the brains get eaten from there. (with chopsticks)

Similarly when you go to Bali they throw the live turtles in boiling water. Turtles get attached to each other for a life long bond and you can see a tear dripping from the partner's eyes (one of the few animlas that can cry) when the boiling turtle screams.

This is regarded as no different to throwing lobster in boiling water because when they get boiled alive they "taste better".

In some countries wearing fur can be dangerous to ones health because of some animal protection activists. Unfrotunately they do not realise that in some other countries these animals can be regarded as a pest in the wild and need culling.
    At the same time it is not realised that fur is a reneweable resource unlike plastics which may take up to thousands of years to decompose.

Do you know that the average baby nappy takes 500 years to decompose? And how many TONNES of baby nappies does a child go through before it is potty trained?

Argh, them local customs....

wD

#16     Aug 25, 2006
  7. I can't believe these White Pale looking people eat cows!!!

I've heard they mince and grill them!!!

This is outrageous!!!

Sick people!!!!

#17     Sep 20, 2006
  8. FredBlogg's friends... obviously.
    [​IMG]

#18     Sep 20, 2006
  9. whale sperm....., How much did he payed??

#19     Oct 26, 2006
  10. I lived in Japan for 7 years and have never heard of whale sperm being a delicacy. This does not mean it is not, however. I sked my wife who is a Japanese national and she doesn't know it either, which, again, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    Anything is possible in Japan. It's like living on another planet with weird aliens IMHO

#20     Oct 26, 2006