Anyone analyse on the survivability of IB in 2020?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Jason11111111, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Please keep liquidating their accounts I need you to survive.

That being said if they close the markets ib can't liquidate... So...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    #11     Mar 16, 2020
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

#12     Mar 16, 2020
  3. Their risk management is precisely why I'm comfortable keeping a large portfolio with them. Different strokes, I suppose.

#13     Mar 16, 2020
  4. nanama

nanama

I will doubt IB will Fail. Thay are not Robinhood. They are a strong company.

#14     Mar 16, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    Ever see an IBKR ad with a promise to hand hold, amk8 ?? Ever;+ I never have.
    Like IBD/investors.com newspaper says- look @ both sides of the trade.
    The less people pay down[margin] on a home= the greater the foreclosure rate.:caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:
    That's why you may have seen a sliver margin chart; good uptrend/margin/price+ then something else...........................................................................................

#15     Mar 16, 2020
  6. The only threat is Zero Commission, they are a great broker that is not experiencing issues some of the Freebies are suffering.

#16     Mar 16, 2020
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    #17     Mar 16, 2020
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  8. OK. Got to admit I'm lazy to investigate ib financial health, and trying to seek short cut of some1 already have the right answer base on their net equity, cash allowance and foresight.

And market cap is definitely not a indicator of financial strength. There's no cash to raise in this market downtrend,unless u want to upset your existing share holders.

Yep, I do see IB has stronger healthy position along compared to other brokers. Alternatively investors can pull their cash and park in stronger banks if feels uncomfortable with the best broker's exposure.

And exactly the going concern was market gap down, limit down in this poor liqiuidity period . Its going crazy, definitely many people over leveraged in IB are put in queue to liquidate, while those put on queue, risk are still partially exposed by IB.
    Especially IB just publish an enticing 1.7% margin loan ads to attract more people to use leverage lol.

Please tighten more on margin loan exposure. Liquidate more.
    I want to see a strong lasting IB, benefits me this way.

#18     Mar 23, 2020
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

IB is monitoring margin in real time, many brokers on daily basis. IB software would auto liquidate way before they are exposed to risking debit account.

#19     Mar 23, 2020
  10. zdreg

zdreg

"Yep, I do see IB has stronger healthy position along compared to other brokers. Alternatively investors can pull their cash and park in stronger banks if feels uncomfortable with the best broker's exposure."

#20     Mar 23, 2020