Anyone actually trade mechanically?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by MYDemaray, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Try 5 and 15 min breakout of the previous bar, 2 min is not too practical for generating entries, should be ok for stops. If you can do your own backtesting send me a PM and I will explain further.
    Walter

#21     Feb 19, 2003
  2. Corso, using market orders with bar on close/open is fine and will work. The real issue is to make sure market orders are efficient with your market as opposed to another type of order being more efficient.

#22     Feb 19, 2003
  3. This says it all.

#23     Feb 19, 2003
  4. Am logging actual vs. system trades at my website on a proprietary mechanical system. Use Tradestation 6.0 as strategy engine and Auto-Q-tion for automated entry at IB. Trading ES and NQ.
    www.auto-q-tion.netfirms.com

#24     Feb 28, 2003
  5. using mechanical systems can work, but you have to make sure that you are honest with yourself and trade them without emotion. i still deal with tons of traders who forget that these systemsa re set up to take the subjectiveness out of trading, not to put more into it.

ive head great success with using a multi-system approach however - which means that i dont just trade one system. that would be like only investing in one stock at a time.

Pete

#25     Mar 3, 2003