Anyone actually make living from trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade5656, Jan 29, 2017.

1. I always want to ask this question rigrously so do NOT take it the wrong way, why teach when u can just trade?

#81     Feb 7, 2017
    Mtrader, SimpleMeLike and O(1) like this.
  2. 777

Sounds good!

Maybe we should have a thread about trading while on breaks driving Uber.

#82     Feb 8, 2017
  3. systematictrader,
    I think the same. Maybe for extra income why they trade their own systems?

#83     Feb 8, 2017
  4. Visaria

Visaria

A better question might be, why trade when you can teach? Seems less risky to me.

#84     Feb 8, 2017
    bigsnack likes this.
  5. 777

Because a trader with a worthwhile edge can potentially become very wealthy. And he normally does what he likes.

Unfortunately these traders rarely post on forums, and if they do they are not giving away the keys to the kingdom.

However, since few people- and almost none here- are big winning traders, teaching; well, you know...

#85     Feb 8, 2017
  6. speedo

speedo

Some people like to teach and some people like to trade. A teacher can market, dance and fake, a trader has nowhere to hide, no one to fool...except the self. Someone who trades for a living should not care how much someone else makes or doesn't make.

#86     Feb 8, 2017
    Xela and Overnight like this.
  7. Mtrader

Mtrader

But also less profitable.

A good trader watches for the best risk reward ratio. So it is not a matter of taking the less risky option. The less risky looking option can be more risky then the more risky looking one. All depends of the reward of taking risk. If he is a good trader the additional risk of trading will be exponentially compensated by additional profits.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    #87     Feb 8, 2017

8. I dont know what extra income can compensate for trading when your good at it to the point you teach others

#88     Feb 8, 2017
  9. Srkisrle

Srkisrle

No, I am not taking anything the wrong way. On the contrary...
    I have taught basically to make extra money out of it. The way I trade (or daytrade) pays a nice salary. Why not make more? I have seen with my own eyes guys daytrading making thousands of dollars in one day, almost every day. I cannot do that. I make a few hundred a day on average. Nice salary, but DEFINITELY not millions. I also had a prop office (until I got ripped off by the WTS bastards, I wrote about it in a separate thread), and all the traders I taught were giving me money on a monthly basis. If I taught them well, they would stay for a long time. It was a win-win situation.

#89     Feb 8, 2017
  10. palm44

palm44

Sure do

#90     Feb 9, 2017