Anybody Want to Talk About Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Maybe we should have just made a side bet and saved the spreads.

#31     Aug 19, 2012
  2. no kidding, those gbp spreads were a lot wider than what I am use to this afternoon, that's why usually I like to put it on friday. but I didn't have an idea on friday.

#32     Aug 19, 2012
  3. put on my old usd trade, it seemed to have pulled back enough, went to wakmart to get the shakes, they were out of what you said but I got something close enough, apparently hanging out with you young traders is inspiring me, as I was leaving three girls from the IU basketball team walked in, I don't know if they are heterosexual, but if you ever see them you will hope they are, this is not your father's WBL.

About a year ago I started a thresd "increasing size during drawdown" and about 95% who replied told me I was a loser. Back then I was naive and didn't believe 95% lose. So just to make sure I simultaneously posted the inverse question, "should I reduce size after extreme profitability" and oddly enough, only about 50% said that was a bad idea ,even though it is based on the same fallacy.

at anyrate, this forex strategy has been very good, had to sweep last week to pay the taxman, and before I put this last one on I went back to my old small original size. If I can build it back up to where it was then I my strategy is good or my luck has lasted longer than anticipated.

#33     Aug 20, 2012
  4. contra

contra

lol good stuff oldtime. I never seen the old thread you started but I would only take a very few select peoples advice on this or any forum.

Have you seen the movie Floored? It was about floor traders then and now and how trading has changed from the pits to electronic and how they dealt with it. Anyway, there was the drunk guy who is interviewed at his house, and it looks like he did real good in the game at one point before he was thrown out of the Merc. I remember a few things he said..

"Just don't lose money..."
    "99% of people still don't get it... when you win, you start betting less.. bet more! let it ride."

#34     Aug 20, 2012
  5. thanks contra, if these shakes work out I'll get the movie.

#35     Aug 20, 2012
  6. contra

contra

check it out here in 8 parts. Not sure if its the whole thing, but it's all I saw.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/general-discussion/9843-floored-movie-8-parts.html

episode 4 is the guy I am talking about, a bit after 7 minutes into it, I just checked.

LOL now that i'm watching this again.. it's hilarious. He was so drunk they had to use subtitles, like with Ozzy.

#36     Aug 20, 2012
  7. that's good stuff contra, It should be in the ET Hall of Fame. Not sure how meaningful it will be to kids today who don't remember the pits.

A lot of trading wisdom in there. Especially for me who it seems needs to unravel the mystery of size. At 40:1 (for me at ib, more elsewhere) they will let you hang yourself any day if that is what you want to do.

I made it through part 3, I think I'll save the rest for later to spare the regular readers here on ET on the weekend when I usually go off the deep end.

#37     Aug 20, 2012
  8. contra

contra

Yea I enjoyed it, haven't seen it in awhile. Good to get a reality check on what can happen to people who lose an edge and cant adapt to change. Plenty of wisdom though yea.

It's funny how some of the well known market wisdom means much more to me now then it did when I first started.

#38     Aug 20, 2012
  9. 12:17 Eastern. Mkts not open. WTF are you whining about now, Hosea? This is an IQ test, numbnuts. You fail.

"I'll be short" means what it states. EURJPY traded much of the Sunday-session above 98.2. All orders filled. My only wish is that I'd sold the prints in the 30s.

#39     Aug 20, 2012
  10. contra

contra

looks like it got it to me? mad stealthy though...

was anyone expecting UJ to 80 in one 1m bar?

Seems like T6Beta is hanging on every call waiting in the shadows for atticus to f*ck up, just so he can pull a stealth douche maneuver.

Even if these failed so what? we should go back and tally up his calls just since I've had my journal here for a few weeks now, pretty damn solid thus far.

• ej.png
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
    #40     Aug 20, 2012