Anybody want to back my movie idea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tivthetrader, Jan 19, 2011.

1. LeeD

LeeD

Every B-movie needs an evil character.

#11     Jan 19, 2011
  2. "Because it feels like free money, and who doesn't like that?" -- Victor N.

#12     Jan 19, 2011
  3. 50-cent pump and dumping penny stocks on twitter is the token black guy that dies first.

#13     Jan 19, 2011
  4. How about this?

A trader is broke after blowing out a few accounts, his last line of funds is cash advances from his credit cards. So his plan is to load up on cheap QQQQ and DIA puts just days before expiration and then cause mayhem in the NY subway by planting numerous bombs. All he needs is a 3% panic selling and those puts could go 10x.

I think it's a good start of a plot that I don't think has been done before, just have to come up with a good twist for the ending.

#14     Jan 19, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually yes it has. Mission impossible 2. Long millions of OTM calls on a biotech company that has a cure for the chimera virus that will get released on the public in Australia. Same premise. It didn't work. Tom Cruise stopped it. :)

#15     Jan 19, 2011
  6. I think it's a good start of a plot that I don't think has been done before, just have to come up with a good twist for the ending.

Its been done in real life. Reference tylenol poisoning:Tylenol Scandal and Crisis Management
    In October of 1982, Tylenol, the leading pain-killer medicine in the United ... when a woman was reported dead from cyanide poisoning in Tylenol capsules, ...
    iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Fall02/Susi/tylenol.htm - Cached - Similar

#16     Jan 19, 2011
  7. How about Goldman Sachs decides to securitize Obama's twitter following while JP Morgan securitize's the Queen of England Face book.

The story takes place on a cruise ship. Dick Fuld is an Elvis impersonator and Jimmy Cayne is the captain.

First stop is Dubai.

#17     Jan 19, 2011
  8. Stay tuned for today's excitment when two hard partiers, Fannie and Freddie go tubing on the cruise ship "Wet Dream". it's all fun and games until others notice an increase in methane, and activities grind to a halt while we take a CDO reading, CDO is like CO2 except CO2 is a greenhouse gas whereas CDO is a whitehouse gas.

#18     Jan 20, 2011
  9. Word up:

Angelo is in the spa lending money to buy deck chairs. Whoaaaa.:cool:

#19     Jan 20, 2011
  10. This afternoon in our dining room Chef "Ben" will go over the menu options of our "Buffett" and conclude with detailed explaination on how the "dough" machine works with his assistant pastry chef "Timmy G Unit" Geithner.

With more good news and some bad. I'd like to introduce our tour guide Nouriel Roubini, that's the good news. The bad news, all tours will be conducted on the back of the boat where Roubini tells us where we have been.

Back at the piano bar. "Meredith, what are you going to sing for us this evening?"

"Stormy Weather"

#20     Jan 20, 2011