Anybody using IE 7...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ang_99, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Only problem I have with IE7 is the "back" button. Whenever I try to back page it always stalls. So then I have to go to the pull down menu which always shows a bunch of links to ads. So then I scroll down to my desired previous page and click.

Anyone got a solution, or where to get help? thanks

p.s. perhaps its a security settings issue..I don't know..

#21     Oct 21, 2006
  2. solved it. fyi Just had to add site with pop ups to "restricted sites" list in internet options under security tab.

#22     Oct 21, 2006
  3. Well, I'd class myself as a 'power user' and Firefox is just fine.

It has many features and is quite stable for me.

Could be rendering is a touch slow, but not a big deal all things considered.

Back and forward quite fast using the alt-arrow keys.

Built in bookmark and history search, very efficient and useful.

#23     Oct 21, 2006
  4. Does IE 7 delay for about 3 or 4 seconds when you "X" out of it before it closes (sometimes)....or is it just me. Very annoying.

#24     Oct 21, 2006
  5. I loaded it and hated how it was setup. I went back to the version of IE6 that I had before. Maybe I did not give it enough time but I was kind of surprised how they moved everything around from IE6 including all of the buttons locations. I thought they would at least have made it easier customize that stuff. They already have such a built in audience I am surprised they changed those aspects in IE7.

#25     Oct 22, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

Agree with the awkward layout and inflexibility to rearrange.

Maybe it's just me, but I find certain features of Firefox to be indispensable.... adblock/flashblock, bookmarks toolbar folder, Scrapbook, No Squint.

#26     Oct 22, 2006
  7. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

New firefox comes out on tuesday 24th.....im done with IE....I dont need the hassle of worrying about jackasses on the net ruining my computer for their own enjoyment.

Some pages dont load on this version of firefox but this will be cut out in the new version. Check out www.download.com

Yours in trading

#27     Oct 22, 2006
  8. I too will look forward to a new version of firefox. But I don't believe it will prevent all potential attacks any more than the current one will - features and protection will continue to be an evolving story for all the browsers and mail clients. Strong feelings on firefox reflect more on my old signature than on real differences between the products.

#28     Oct 22, 2006
  9. mbay

mbay

FireFox is a memory hog compared to IE7, but I have been getting use to turning off my computer to go to bed. Better for the computer and healthier for you to avoid radiation.

IE 7's memory usage is better managed, but overall, firefox is still safer.

I recommend firefox 2.0 just for safety alone and alot of companies are including firefox as their default browser too.

I recommend having both and making firefox your default, but if your using a hacked version of XP, then you will not be able to install IE 7.

Avant and Maxathon are good browsers too, but I still prefer firefox.

I am still waiting for vista and to find out what are the main advantages of IE 7 with vista in 32 and 64 bit.

If you are a trader, I would recommend you avoid 64 bit for the time being and stick with 32.

#29     Oct 22, 2006
  10. Even if Firefox uses more memory than you'd like, all you have to do is close it and reopen once in a while.

Takes about 5 seconds.

#30     Oct 22, 2006