Anybody use "Value Line Investment Survey"?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by risktaker, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Are they any good at picking potential stronger/weaker stocks? Any better than a simple relative strength against major indexes type of indicator?

2. sheesh, Value Line has been around for years! I haven't heard them mentioned for a long time. They use to publish pages that you would add to your three ring binder...When I was 18 years old my broker invited me to his office at Payne Webber....he thought I was some sort of genius and wanted me to research there in my young years...ha ha everybody was a genius then...

I don't know if they're any good anymore...

there is also Vector Vest...

and

tc2000

and

Canslim and IBD

for this sort of trading...

3. agpilot

agpilot

Mark Hulbert Ranking Service rates VL fairly high for LT investing. Note I wrote investing and not trading. If you are more than willing to buy and hold for LONG periods of time then it might help. It's a fundamental approach. No TA. This was my view of VL as of "many" years ago when I looked into it.. agpilot

4. mindfull

mindfull

ValueLine ranks have not done very well in recent years. I still use the service for fundamentals and screening. Zacks seems to be doing better.

I actually screen the IBD100 group according to my own swing scanning criteria. In bullish phases the group is always very "perky" and you can go for 2-5 day trades.

I also scan Morningstar. Their 5 star selections are all heading down, while IBD 100 stocks usually heading up in bull phases. I may buy Morningstar selections if I like the background.