Anybody trading micro e-mini on IB? Any issues?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GrowleyMonster, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I am thinking about giving this a go. I would like to do a bunch of paper trading before going live. Don't want to open another account elsewhere... got two already. Also is there any issue with trading micros on IB with a small account? By small I mean somewhere in the neighborhood of $23588.44 approximately as of a half hour ago.

2. Arnie

Arnie

I trade some...MNQ, MYM, QM (oil) and VXM
    My margins are different (higher) since it's tax advantaged account.

GrowleyMonster likes this.
  3. comagnum

comagnum

I trade the micro's in my IB Roth & IRA rollover using chart trading with auto brackets & an adjustable stop - smooth sailing .. one click and done.

4. traderjo

traderjo

What is a tax advantage account? and why does it affect Margin for Futures? which country tax status?

5. I trade some in MES. The bid/ask spread is usually very small. Only by the time I have to roll over from one contract to the next you have to beware for widening spread. By the way: the same comments apply to M6E (micro EUR/USD futures contract).

6. ET180

ET180

Probably same as trading at any other broker. Commissions are cheap.

7. _terminus_

_terminus_

8. And there is no PDT restriction on trading micro eminis, right?

9. I'm not sure whether the PDT rule also applies to futures, or only to stocks. Anyway, with your 23.5 k USD account size it should be possible for you to increase that to 25+ k USD? After which the PDT rule does not apply any more.

10. _terminus_

_terminus_

I'm pretty sure there isn't. I've never run into it anyway, not even when I traded with less than 25k.

#10     Sep 9, 2020