Anybody Trading Futures After 6PM EST Like HSI, Kospi, Etc

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Bones, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Bones

Bones

I haven't seen any recent threads/posts about trading the futures after 6PM EST. I would like to investigate this more than I have already and was seeking input on what is best now and how people trade it, like time frame of chart you use, do you scalp or swing trade, etc. Any recent experience would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Bones

2. This is more than likely a losers game because theres not a lot of news out at this time so market is destined to have a lot of random chop.

3. Bones

Bones

Thank you I appreciate the reply, but I'm having a hard time accepting that there are no winners that trade at this time. I would still like to hear from some traders on this topic. I know you're out there!!!

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Pull up your charts for the Hang Seng HSI futures and get a real-time news resource involving Asia-Pacific rim, Hong Kong and Europe...tons of news involving such. Most of the guys I know trading it are not scalping nor day trading it. In contrast, they're swing trading it.

Also, I recommend you take a look at the NIFTY futures if the Hang Seng HSI futures is too slow for you. NIFTY is fast and volatile trading instrument.

Regardless, backtest your trade method on whatever you want to try and let your backtest results determine which one you should be trading if any at all. Next, simulate trade it for awhile and then try it will small position size prior to using your plan trading size.

5. Bones

Bones

Thank you wrbtrader. I appreciate the response. I have been looking at the Kospi also. Have you ever traded the Kospi? You are right. I have been very careful to respect any market and learn how it trades before going live.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've never traded the Kospi nor do I monitor its price action because I don't consider it a key market to be following.

Yet, I do remember trying to take a look at it a few years back but the data vendor I was using was having consistent data gaps (missing data) for it.

If I were to live in Asia-Pacific or even in Europe, I would strongly consider trading them. I'm not too good (psychologically because of lack of sleep and/or lack of social life) with trading anything out of my general time zone area.

7. joederp

joederp

COMEX gold (GC) & silver (SI) futures, Nikkei 225 futures (NKD), some CME currency futures (AUD, JPY) and maybe a lil NYMEX energy (CL, NG) all move decently. I prefer SI & NKD.

8. kingjelly

kingjelly

KOSPI trades similar to ES, it's very thick, HSI will rip your head off if you don't know what you're doing, it's pretty thin, expect slippage but plenty of movement to offset if your on the right side

9. The Nifty Fifty trades dollar based in Singapore. I have no experience with it.

10. toolazy

toolazy

I swing trade and majority of signals gets initiated in asia these days.

so, cant be that bad.

that is where real economy is.

#10     Nov 21, 2013