Anybody trade from their patio?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Chinookie, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Live in Seattle. When we actually see the sun it isn't very powerful.

#11     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Sounds like a great idea! I love to grill year-round and starting early on a Fri afternoon is a good plan... Fri afternoon is usually chop central anyway.

Here is my idea of what a usable outdoor bbq/trading patio area might look like. Just add a comfortable chair and a few laptops and you're in business. This is not my setup but I can see doing some serious bbq and trading in something like this in the future... just add beer!

#12     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Depends upon where you live.

In AZ we have two solutions: ag screening and adjustable canopies.

65/35 screen works for laptops and the canopy always works.

Since it is 111 here today, jumping in pool occasionally keeps clothing damp and with 10% humidity it is actually chilly when first out of the pool.

Spritzers around the wet bar area and the corral area lower the temp about 25 degrees at midday when the markets are coming to close just before lunch.

#13     Jun 18, 2008
  4. I can't see my screen even in the shade outdoors. These glossy screens suck for that.

#14     Jun 18, 2008
  5. ehorn

ehorn

I have been pleased with the AT&T Global connect card. I have been using it for about 4 months now with very consistent results and plenty of bandwidth (3G) for my trading and connectivity needs.

#15     Jun 18, 2008
  6. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

Here's an idea

#16     Jun 18, 2008
  7. Ezzy

Ezzy

Having done a fair share of outdoor computing and trading, that laptop shade is actually a very good idea. One other issue is the light coming from the sides of the face. So a black hat or visor with a shade on the sides reduces eye stain a lot, while making you look like a freak. A black shirt also helps.

FWIW, it's usually not worth the trouble unless you have a very large covered lanai/deck. But it can be fun for a change of pace. - EZ

#17     Jun 18, 2008
  8. there are other issues

• bees.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
    #18     Jun 18, 2008
  9. Here just north of Houston, it hit 98 today.
    Patio? No thanks.

#19     Jun 18, 2008
  10. Why do you people live there?

Hot AND humid. No way I'd subject myself to that.

Don't even get me started on bugs. Haven't seen a mosquito here in San Diego yet.:p

#20     Jun 18, 2008