Anybody still uses Q Charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bluedog, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Bluedog

Bluedog

The last review on Q Charts is 5 years old! Is anyone still using it?

Any feed back?

Thanks.

2. ancient history. was good for its time, fast

3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

So you know, we have thousands of active and satisfied users on the QCharts platform.

Give our sales team a call for a 30 day trial. Www.esignal.com

Thanks.

4. Bluedog

Bluedog

I used Q charts 10 years ago around 1999 or 2000 for a couple of years and I remember I liked it a lot back then, the charts were very clean and the interface was great. Then it started lagging and freezing several times every day and the whole thing became a nightmare until I couldn't take it anymore... I believe this was around 2001.

I still think about the smooth and clean charts it offered..

5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Since you last used QCharts, eSignal bought Quote.com from Lycos and QC has been running off the eSignal network for the last 3-4 years. Running great.

Thanks.

6. I used it for years and loved it. As others have noted, the interface is great, very intuitive, the charts are great, all the indicators and tools you need and not 700 additional ones that you don't need just to say they have them. For me, I loved just being able to turn it on every morning and knowing it would work and not require any fiddling around, etc.

I switched to Ninja because I got tired of paying the exchange fees for several different futures exchanges. Ninja is a great platform as well and it's hard to beat free, but using a broker data feed is never going to hassle-free . Ninja is not nearly as intuitive or easy to use as QCharts either. Things like drawing S and R lines require multiple clicks, etc, while on QCharts you just click and go.

7. Bluedog

Bluedog

Oh yeah! The best feature of Qcharts is its drawing tools... second to none IMO.

8. Bluedog

Bluedog

I may give the free 30 day trial a shot! Just hate to get hooked again!

With the exchange fees it will add up to be another additional few hundred dollars per month. I can lease a new car with that $$$! :p

9. Eight

Eight

Qcharts had a very, very, huge amount of data available. Esig killed that off and connected the charts to their Esig stuff.. I used to use Qcharts for something, some research, can't recall exactly what... because I could bring their data into Excel. The charts are the best by far with regard to intuitive operation but I don't want to deal with Esig so I have Sierracharts [it has a programming environment, Qcharts didn't the last time I looked about a decade ago.. ] and Barchart data.. I'm not doing anything that requires huge amounts of data, not sure where I'd go for that nowadays..

10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

That's not entirely accurate. We actually ported much of the QCharts history data over to our servers and made it available to all users.

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=1203&p=1

Thanks.

#10     Oct 26, 2011