Anybody recently dealt with just2trade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by slyfox, Oct 26, 2010.

1. slyfox

slyfox

I am interested in switching my current broker, and came across just2trade.com. Googled them to see if I can find anything about them, but the only thing I can come up with was some upset customers but all were either in 2006, 2007 or early 2009. So has anybody dealt with them lately and how would you rate them for trading equities only?

Thanks

2. KCM

KCM

I was wondering the same thing. Anybody with recent experience? I'd like to use them for daytrading. Can't beat the price. I like that they have Level II, unlike OptionsHouse, but a review I saw online said they have trouble keeping your balance straight. What??? Then, I saw another review where someone blamed that on their old clearing broker in 2008 and it works fine, now. It also scares me that you can basically only get a hold of them through email. What about little charges if they suck and I want to close my account? Anybody??? Please???

3. Ya.....looking for info/experience on these guys....big savings here for daytrading

4. I`m wondering the same, anyone with some recent experience with Just2trade? I`m considering opening an account with them but would like to read some more reviews before deciding.

I`m especially interested knowing how fast their trade executions are for pennystocks?

Anyone?

5. Bump for reviews?

6. cmb

cmb Guest

just went to their site...seems to be down?

7. Subdude

Subdude

This POS brokerage was liquidated and then merged with lowtrades.com, due to their clearing company convicted of fraud in 2008. Just google North American Clearing and see what you come up with.

I had the misfortune of having an account open with them when it happened. All the positions were frozen, and couldn't be traded or transferred for many weeks. I lost thousands by not being able to close them out in time. J2T offered absolutely no restitution.

8. Its' not brokerage , it was the clearing company , that went bust.

9. Subdude

Subdude

Do you have a vested interest in defending them or something?

And what are you suggesting anyway - that there is nothing a self-respecting broker can or should try to do in a situation like this? Because that's exactly what happened. And it's not like I was the one who picked out the clearing broker, now is it?