Anybody pay Tom Yeomans for his signals? They are a ripoff!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by otherside, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're the one who started with the childish insults, I was just surprised that there really are people who pay money to total strangers promising the earth, especially in this business!

A simple google search would have told you beware, it's not rocket science....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...=GGLG,GGLG:2006-16,GGLG:en&q=Tom+Yeomans+scam

#21     Oct 17, 2008
  2. I had done all those google searches. And most of it is inaccurate because I know who trained Tom Yeomans and I saw Tom in the chatroom and heard his voice long before he went solo. He then took the news trading ideas and started his own trading and most of those comments on the web have no substantial evidence of anything.

Tom was trading the news spikes based on how far "off" the actual numbers were from the expected and this had been of interest to me for quite some time. I received several reports from Tom prior to the news releases, and a lot of them were good. It was just hard to see any consistency, so I thought...what the hell, and threw him $275.00.

If I were to ask him what happened to his trading now, he would say that this volatility is not usual and he will be back at it very soon. In sum, I knew the guy who trained him and this guy vouched for Tom, eventhough my contact had nothing to gain my vouching for Tom.

My point is, did anyone see Tom perform consistently in the past?

Otherside

#22     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Quite probably, which would be a fair comment given market conditions lately. That wouldn't stop him emailing subscribers to let them know though, it's common courtesy I would have thought.

But can anyone really teach someone else how the market reacts to unexpected fundamentals, most releases are unique as is market reaction.

Anyway what do I know, I'm just a 2 bit piker trading a mini demo (shit, not even a full size demo!!) :D

#23     Oct 17, 2008
  4. Thanks Compulsive.

That is something I had found before sending Tom the $275 and it really just says that Tom got involved with some shady characters, unbeknown to him, or so he told me and it was for a short time.

I paid him the money based on the reports he was sending me and a lot of them were good to gauge the move based on how off the actual numbers were.

Because fills are uncertain at news release times, the question is how soon after can you enter to get a good fill and how long should you ride the move.

I'll go further. I traded Tom's ideas back in July of 2007. He was profitable at the end of the month and pretty respectable and knowledgable regarding news trading. He was honest enough to say that the reactions weren't the same as before and he was stopping his subscription service for the news trading because he was working on other ideas that were looking good, but not ready to be released.

He sent an email in July 2008 telliing of his new methodology along with a copy of his trade record at Oanda. I thought is was worth looking at again.

I think he started his service again earlier in the year and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with him this year.

Otherside

#25     Oct 17, 2008
  5. Right, that is why I wonder if it is fair to judge the guy since the recent volatility. He tells his subscribers that he will be getting back to it after the volatility subsides, but who knows.

About the 2 bit piker trader comment man. I appreciate your posts after, but what kind of response do you expect with your first post in the thread?:confused:

Glad to see it is getting a little more constructive, just wondering if anyone out there has had any good or bad experiences with Tom.

it is really out of curiosity at this point as I am working on my own strategies.

Otherside

#26     Oct 17, 2008
  6. Seriously, why would *anyone* in the trading business sell something worthwhile for $275 - its ridiculous. The offer says it all really, $275 in trading is nothing. Just apply a little common sense. People selling signals/trading system for these amounts of money are either crooks, fools or novices.

#27     Oct 17, 2008
  7. http://blogs.albawaba.com/forexadvisor

#28     Oct 17, 2008
  8. Thats not true....surely you have purchased bookS that have added to at least $275...or are you one of those that one day decided to "OK, I think I will start trading" and all was well...Come on man, think before you write! :cool:

#29     Oct 17, 2008
  9. Show me any FX signal/trading system seller for $300 thats not one of the 3 things i mentioned above. Not talking about books, data-providers or other trading related accessoirs.

#30     Oct 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.