Anybody own a house?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradecrumbs, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Yes, but I'm not allowed to decorate it

#11     Feb 4, 2007
  2. sulli

sulli

I don't know about you guys, but I bought a house last year that was very "within" my means.

My house is actually cheaper after tax breaks, than the monthly rent I was paying on my townhouse? It was really a no brainer for me.

However, I live in Michigan, which I know is cheaper than the east & west coast.

#12     Feb 4, 2007
  3. I don't remember writing a book either...

#13     Feb 4, 2007
  4. ssss

ssss

Sold the house. Use the capital to trade.

Its hard putting money down on a house when you know you can make such a good return on it. Im up 6% in january alone, thats an extra special month, im glad my capital wasnt stuck in a house.
    #######################################

Depend from you indoctrination .

Most of population see house as symbol of stability.To have
    this symbol,most of them borroved money. 30 years loan make
    house some 3 time more expensiv as start price.

Wallstreet "rule" -to buy realty with price some 20%
    of your total asset .Asset =100 mln$ ,house is 20 mln $ .

Realties tycon's as Thrump live in heavy debt.
    Preis/quality for Central Park West (30000$ for
    square metr) worster as preis/quality in Paris
    (15000$ for sq.metr with quality ,better as in USA)

Historicaly flat's(McKim,Mead and White -Metropolitan
    Museum,Morgan Library &) long time sold out.

Example's ,Paris

http://www.fourseasons.com/paris/guest_rooms_and_suites/empire_suite.html

http://www.fourseasons.com/paris/guest_rooms_and_suites/english_suite.html

#14     Feb 4, 2007
  5. If you have the money, I believe ownership is the right way to go. I guess it's part of your up-bringing and money views - to me, renting is purely pissing money away and letting someone else accumulate wealth and equity.

I guess it depends on your location as well, but in Ohio, you can purchase a home and pay close to what rent is. I purchased my current home when rates were incredibly low and my monthly payment is actually lower than what I was paying when I rented straight out of college. Now, I have equity that could be used for trading if I wanted to.

#15     Feb 4, 2007
  6. ssss

ssss

If you have the money, I believe ownership is the right way to go. I guess it's part of your up-bringing and money views - to me, renting is purely pissing money away and letting someone else accumulate wealth and equity.
    #################################

Wall street rule ,pay only 20% of your asset for house.

If some person will buy house and sell it with profit ,it
    would heavy task with multiple's risk(you can not go short,
    you can not close position in 0.2 sec &)
    ##################################

I guess it depends on your location as well, but in Ohio, you can purchase a home and pay close to what rent is. I purchased my current home when rates were incredibly low and my monthly payment is actually lower than what I was paying when I rented straight out of college.
    ##################################
    You are depend from your bank 30 years. Any problem with health ,work ,trading you would going in dissaster .
    In this moment ,as you take credit ,bank make a profit ,and you
    make a loss .

#16     Feb 4, 2007
  7. maxipad

maxipad

LMAO, Brandon!!!!!!!!!!

You are an ok guy, but come on dude, you make much money on your website, training, chatrooms, etc. That is FAR more lucrative than writing a book. trading authors dont earn much from their books.

FUNNY!

Maxi

#17     Feb 4, 2007
  8. thats funny. do you have rooms where you're not actually allowed to use,just decorate and look at?lol

owning a house is the best thing.renting is craaapppp.maybe an apt is differnt,but a house with a yard,garage,dog,siitn outside in the backyard with a bbq,fire,beer is the best.not having to move cause some fuk lanlord decides to sell and oh you have 2 months to leave. and no one telling me what i can or can't do.
    i guess it depends on what you want in life

#18     Feb 4, 2007
  9. Ripley is a perfect example of some of these loser traders. Ripley must not have a family - no children or spouse. Because if you did, then you would not be so transit, unsettled and make such a selfish statement because children need a house to grow up in and establish roots and make friends. They can't keep traveling from town to town.

Ripley answered my next question - There are not many traders who are happily married with children and are settled with houses. Keep in mind that I didn't say ALL. I said "not many".

#19     Feb 4, 2007
  10. mine is made of cardboard behind the "high rent" district.

#20     Feb 4, 2007