Anybody own a house?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradecrumbs, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Hows zero down sound then? That happens too, and yes they are lunatics.

#121     Feb 5, 2007
  2. ssss

ssss

That just demonstrates how important it is to find a good surgeon. Make sure you shop around.
    ###################################

Belov is one example ,what you need - 22 years old ,7+ time's priced in beaty's contest's, Miss Russia ,MBA ,music scool,daughter of model and painter, TV and passion of 2 bil$ ,40 years russian vodka baron. Have she's tel. number ,if you wish ...

Not natural(operated) business ladies

http://lopyreva.ru/portfolio/

And that is full natural Europha dancing champ,4 miss world,
    J.Casablanka model which beat this business ladies ,no
    questions

http://www.missyachtclub.it/sofia_bruscoli_pag2.htm#

########################################

In my experience, you should definitely party with homeowners. Our drugs are better.

That is against military principle of concetration .

Suspect ,that true good realty speculator must wait depression bottom line in realty, precise in bottom time buy from state historicaly architectur ,which need reparature with low price .
    Perform reparature with professional of Louvr and wait peak
    of appreciation.

But that is heavy to perform ,must to be real professional and possible related to architectur or heavy weight as Prinz Avaleed
    ( FS Georg 5 owner )

Best wish in your venture ...
    ###################################
    Suspect ,that Sean Young (actress and ABT dancerin)
    in she's best years was better as M.Ryan

Halle Berry is natural ,but it is not ballet and sport standart of beaty .

see belov -

http://monk.com.ua/article.php?story=20060123142529356

#122     Feb 5, 2007
  3. lindq

lindq

Again, the fact that some stupid homebuyers got sucked into an inflated market with low or no down payments has absolutely nothing to do with the value of a primary residence as an investment.

For every San Diego owner who is in the red, I can assure you that there are 100 who are sitting on huge TAX FREE gains that have come their way through no effort in the past few years.

"Oh, man. I had to suffer living here in San Diego in order to make 400% on my down payment. Bummer!"

With few exceptions, the only people with any intelligence who will question the financial benefits afforded the owners of single family homes are those who can't afford one and are trying to rationalize their need to rent.

In many parts of the country, this is the best time to be buying SMART in the past 20 years. Vacant homes are at very high level, and sellers are hungry for offers. Anyone who is in a position to buy their first home should be out everyday tossing around low ball offers and trying to find distressed sellers.

This combination of low interest rates and a buyers market doesn't come along very often.

#123     Feb 5, 2007

4. gotta do buyouts in that situation.

#124     Feb 5, 2007

5. That is sweet. There's nothing more boring than learning the tax code but if you understand that thing you can come out way ahead. I mean is the Buffet strategy not primarily a way of avoiding taxes?

#125     Feb 5, 2007
  6. You are right about the leverage.
    But can you explain me why so many people are hurt in the stockmarket, but not in real estate? You cannot take a few cases in San DIego as the standard.

WHere i live i never heard of anybody who had to sell his house due to a downturn in real estate. I know dozens of wealthy person who got hit very hard in the stockmarket since 2000. Several of them had to sell their house, not because of losses in real estate, but because of losses in stock markets.

Real estate is more risky according to you but the real financial drama's occur in investments in stocks. Very bizar.

#126     Feb 5, 2007
  7. Im not saying real eastate is more risky. It CAN be, especially in bubbles like san diego, but not in general.

People get hurt in the stock market because they place big bets on individual stocks and sell them at the bottom LOL

Show me someone how has done nothing but bought the s&p500 index every month for years and years and years who has gotten into trouble.

Much like realestate, if you buy a diversified index, and dont sell out of fear during a dip, it has historically always come back and made very good gains.

In fact, the stock market has beaten real estate historically in terms of return. But you dont get "uncallable" leverage like you do with a home.

As others have stated before, owning a home is a great idea for most people because it is forced investing. Most people are not disciplined enough to save the difference and invest it wisely.

#127     Feb 5, 2007
  8. taodr

taodr

Own my own house outright and other investment real estate which has gone up in price. Important to see one word is "real" because that's what it is . Can walk on land and live in a house but unless we take profits from stock market, then it is not worth a shit. Stock markets are manipulated constantly now by investment banks and central banks for a select few. All should remember favourite mantra " hold for long term" but all the main players want to screw the little guy or anyone naive to believe them. Look on CNBC, lately they have same pushers who were on in 2000. I have been exposed to boiler rooms and so called legit investment banks. They are identical except for size.

#128     Feb 5, 2007
  9. The majority of people who bought homes in San Diego in the past few years did it with little or nothing down, and used ARM's as it was the only way to get into the home. Foreclosures are at an all time high. LOTS of people are being forced from their homes because of the market. When the market goes south, you must put up cash to refi a loan that is under water. So yes, they are being forced out.

This is a problem in many areas, although pronounced in Cal, FL, and AZ. Point is, of course homes are a great long term investment, especially for someone who needs a place to live anyway. BUT, homes can and do drop in a serious way. It happened in Cal in the early 90's (20% in many areas), and most economists feel this time it will be much worse. Just released today: 86% feel we are not at the bottom, and 4% believe it will be 2008 or later (MarketWatch). Not a single builder thinks we are even near the lows ( Housingbubbleblog). It could get really, really, ugly. Only the NAR thinks we've bottomed. Its their job to say so.

That said, if I was willing to live in one spot, I'd buy another home in a heartbeat (but not in Cal at the moment). I have been eyeing a 55 foot catamaran, but it ain't cheap at $500k, and it depreciates. It does travel pretty good though.

#129     Feb 5, 2007
  10. dac8555

dac8555

well, i sold my house in the states and moved to Costa Rica...and yes i rent.

But i rent here becuse it is 1/2 the price of buying, and i havent found a place yet that i would like to spend the next 20+ years.

not to mention there is STILL a massive RE boom here...and i dont want to be caught in a correction with my pants down.

almost everybody i know here says "real estate NEVER fails...it will always go up, it is impossible for it to correct here...the bubble will never burst"....which is a big reason why i am expecting a correction.

#130     Feb 5, 2007