Anybody know what the story with OIH options on IB is today?

Discussion in 'Options' started by surfer25, Apr 29, 2009.

1. surfer25

surfer25

They are not showing up...

2. Asking here accomplishes nothing

Call: 877-442-2757

Mark

3. surfer25

surfer25

I already did and they were not that clear. I wondered if someone else had more insight. There apparently has been a symbol change but it looks like the new symbol does not exactly represent OIH. The new symbol is DXM.

Here is a pdf file explaining the situation:

http://www.optionsclearing.com/market/infomemos/2009/apr/25764.pdf

It looks like OIH went x dividend today and all previous options positions are now represented by the symbol DXM, which are adjusted slightly for the dividend.

Any further insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4. MTE

MTE

It's not IB-specific. Thinkorswim issued a notice this morning saying that the OIH positions are being adjusted and that they would appear in the accounts in a bit.

5. Actually, I disagree. Asking here often gets you the real story. Calling support can either accomplish something or accomplish nothing, depending on where they are in the investigative process, assuming that there actually is an issue, and who you happen to get.

Plenty of guys have had problems which support tells them are their own, but which get some attention from def or someone else here.

I'm not going to check that number you posted but I assume it's U.S. support.

6. surfer25

surfer25

I agree with this. IB's support is far from stellar.