Anybody know how to paper trade Tradestation for free?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pclark, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I do not care how big their server farms are, when they went down over the summer, nobody answered the trading desk or customer service phones, recipe for DISASTER without a second broker!

TS data lags TT, CQG and Ninja by a good few seconds. So you did not see the 3-5 second delay in TS Data on Friday in ZB and ES then, so STFU and stop being a shill for an inferior product.

el surdo

#11     Oct 4, 2008
  2. nice...namecalling.....["shill"]

nice...I don't use the product any more, how can I be a shill? I've made gazillions of $$ from that platform in the past ten years, I will not knock it.

Whatever the guy decides, having two different data streams is smart. I use Strategy Runner for everything now; TS does have some data issues a few times a year, usually at market opens.

If the guy has TS for his bigtime analysis and systems programs and a data/chart platform from his brokerage, that is best. Also having backup internet, backup power and backup computers is wise.

TS gives you a couple years of intraday data (maybe more) - this is very helpful in backtesting strategies and indicators. Then, if the user wants to spend bucks on continuous historical data going back 'x' years he will have a good idea of future success. Since TS is free with a funded account and the universe of TS programmers is huge, a few thousand dollars out of pocket using the TS platform will go a long way.

I tried out a couple online meetings with Ninja when I had some spare time last year, I could not get some very simple questions answered....it may be great for some, but I think it lacks a lot of depth for serious programmers/analysts like me.

Here's a link to the NJ Forum regarding custom indicators.

Good luck you NT guys!

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15

TheMechanicalDayTrader

#12     Oct 4, 2008
  3. hektor

hektor

You could go to http://www.tradewithprecision.com/23.html
    and get a 2 month trial, there are some others offering the same trial. You only pay the exchange fees.
    The best is to wait 2 or 3 weeks till TS 8.4. is out for public with tick intrabar testing.

#13     Oct 4, 2008
  4. dredre

dredre

I heard at market, and read some articles, that TS only brokers with gain capital. that's a problem, because of trading agains own customers in there books. they did get a penalty for this... can someone else confirm this to the elite troups...

#14     Oct 6, 2008
  5. Damn pikers man.

#15     Oct 6, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

We know this, if you bothered to read the title of this thread, the OP is looking for a way to use TS for FREE numbnuts!

:D

#16     Oct 7, 2008