anybody is wathcing CNBC now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Aug 28, 2007.

1. I'm surprised at some of the risque commentary. Today's was Erin Burnett saying "we're going to rock out with our stock out". In the past I've heard "Tata showing bodacious gains" by a female commentator who's no longer there, as well as Melissa Francis saying "BJ Services, a company Becky really likes..."

Sometimes it's innocent, but other times I sit there thinking, "man, I can't believe they said that on a business show". But then it seems TV standards across the board have really been pushing what used to be considered the limits of what you can do and say.

#11     Aug 28, 2007
  2. They had this guy tokyo joe on years ago, and I swear he was saying "titty bar", "big titties", "little titties" every other sentence. I guess it was missed by the censors in his broken english!

#12     Aug 28, 2007
  3. PJKIII

PJKIII

She's nice to look at, but is the most fake person on any television station I have ever seen, and I wish they would just take her off the air. She's be okay on an adult network, but isn't fit to deliver business news. Unlike many posters, I'm not a fan of Bloomberg at all, but I would agree that CNBC has gone down hill and some of their better on-air personalities seem to be departing. Maybe Fox Biz will be good with Liz Claman and my old favorite, Alexis Glick.

#13     Aug 28, 2007
  4. katesdp

katesdp

Didnt she say "packing a fatty" last week?

#14     Aug 28, 2007
  5. Yep. Heard that one too, but not really risque. She was talking about putting in a big dip of Copenhagen.

#15     Aug 28, 2007
  6. Gulp!

#16     Aug 28, 2007
  7. the guy Carl Quananilla(spelling) is professional as is Erin. Becky Quick is ok as well. its the rest who are annoying. remember that guy who did Nasdaq in the l;ate 90's;Tom CoSTELLO? HE WAS VERY GOOD. ERIC BOLLING IS REALLY GOING TO FOX?

#17     Aug 28, 2007
  8. rickf

rickf

I read the other day that the day following is "disappearance" from Fast Money he was a guest on Fox's Neil Cavuto's business show.

I don't think CNBC would let their talent do commentary for a competitor, so I suspect he's jumping ship. Plus, I heard that his bio is no longer on CNBC's website.

#18     Aug 28, 2007