Anybody is following the Prada America's Cup from NZ?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Pekelo, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is that so hard? Takes about 10 seconds to locate the beginning of the race. And some people enjoy the commentary and explanations.

Anyhow Thursday is the next planned race day.

#11     Feb 15, 2021
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

The Brits surprisingly win one, so Italy 5 : UK 1

Maybe it was using the bigger jib.

Tonight at 10 pm is the live race and the Italians could finish off the Brits.

#12     Feb 20, 2021
  3. The start of both races today were interesting to watch.
    The Italians need to win two more races to win the Prada cup and become the challengers for the America's Cup. Let's see whether they can do this tomorrow.

#13     Feb 20, 2021
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

At this point the Italians can win pretty much anytime. I have a feeling they "lost" by purpose, using the smaller jib. After all, more race, more practice and probably the organizers like the additional ad revenues too. And it is not a big accomplishment to beat someone silly.

So they are playing it easy, and would let the Brits win maybe two more times before they end this.

#14     Feb 20, 2021
  5. The main event has started: the America's Cup is underway. The first day saw interesting racing, with interesting results. I'm looking forward to the coming race days.

#15     Mar 10, 2021
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeap, I fall asleep, live sport starts 10 pm EST. They put up the summery a few hours later on YT:

Today is no race, after that everyday 2 runs...

#16     Mar 10, 2021
  7. I tend to wait until the races for the day have ended. Then I look at their YT channel for the full live-stream. The live-stream replay lasts about 2 hours, although each race lasts for about 30 minutes. I'm not interested in all the blah-blah surrounding the races, so within that live-stream I search for the races themselves and watch those portions.

#17     Mar 11, 2021
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Only 3 minutes highlights, but these were the most dramatic races so far. This is also the most contested match up in 150 years.

The Kiwis' boat is faster and I have the feeling they have been throwing races, just to make the Cup more interesting and longer.

Here is the longer version:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    #18     Mar 15, 2021
    themickey likes this.
  9. Especially the second race on Monday (race #8) was weird. Anyway, interesting to watch as it shows how races can evolve.

#19     Mar 16, 2021
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Best racing so far:

#20     Mar 16, 2021
    themickey likes this.