Anybody interested in trading these stock markets ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qxmt, Aug 18, 2017.

1. qxmt

qxmt

Hi,

Out of curiosity, anybody interested in trading in G.C.C Countries Stock Exchanges ?

Dubai - Abu Dhabi - Qatar - Kuwait - Bahrain - Saudi Arabia - Oman

And also Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange for Futures

Small Exchanges with big potential, Small time window (mostly 4 to 6 hours a day, Sunday to Thursday)

I'm from there, let me know, Thank you

2. Handle123

Handle123

Am not on top of their currencies to the dollar. It is a double edge sword with some countries where you not only trading the instruments, you are also trading currencies. Like I am short US Dollar long term, so I have switched funds from USD to other currencies and if they have exchanges, I will trade their instruments. But if their currency is normally making wild swings against the USD, now we speaking of horrible risk.

Do these countries offer options as well and are they available to USA?

3. qxmt

qxmt

Hi, Thanks for your replaying

No there is equity options for the time being. It's an old school Stock Markets, cash, no short selling, up and down limits. It's good for scalping.

I understand the dollar risk, but all the currencies are pegged to the dollar, except for Kuwait it follows a basket of currencies.

Thank you again.

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Why bother when you have the most liquid markets in US...

comagnum and Overnight like this.
  5. d08

d08

Probably more inefficiencies, stuff that's arbed out in US.

6. qxmt

qxmt

No doubt, But in my case If I want to make a living day trading the US market will be from 4:30 in the afternoon till midnight, you will have no social life. I did it for a while, not comfortable. Swing trading is better

7. traider

traider

How do you day trade and make more than commissions, I've only been able to swing. Even if I wanted to day trade, won't be profitable. Probably make a lot more money for the brokers.

comagnum likes this.
  8. duttymase

duttymase

Hi I live in Doha am interested

9. qxmt

qxmt

Yes I did it for a while, the commission eats your profits.

In GCC Markets, the commission is less that's why I'm making more money than trading US. The effort also is less , with a 5 exchanges and a total of 395 listed companies, it's easy to spot opportunities, and as I said 4 hours total working hours a day.

10. qxmt

qxmt

I was a broker in Kuwait stock exchange, I'm thinking of opening a brokerage firm, and I want to know the possibilities of having international clients.

#10     Aug 20, 2017