Anybody in on the dry bulk shipping action? (DRYS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Thermactor, May 29, 2008.

1. mark2

mark2

I will hold on to the position and add more at this point.

#31     Jun 4, 2008
  2. A lot of people here long DRYS

I still think it stinks. Why did it fall from 130 last year to a low of 60? GL

#32     Jun 4, 2008
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Uh, because the market went from its record high in October (DRYS:high) to its record low in January (DRYS:low). You can't fight the market. That's what stops are for.

#33     Jun 4, 2008
  4. Dryshits down 4.5% erasing past 2 days of gains

the chart tells all. This stock is VERY heavily distributed. Beware.

I would sell this turd and move money into MOS V POT MA CLF GOOG which have better charts and accumulation. These stocks are only down 1-2% today or are up.

GL

#34     Jun 6, 2008
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

DRYS follow the market tightly. My earlier post said go long at 88-90 and short them 94-96. If you shorted them yesterday at 94, you'd have a nice gain today. I have puts sold on DRYS with a stop at break even in case they "tank" too far. If they stay above 85 2 more weeks, I'm good. V is awesome. I've made $15K on three trades since the IPO, two options trades and an IPO-day stock trade. I'll be trading them for a while.

#35     Jun 6, 2008
  6. DRYS may make a good trading vehicle cause its very liquid, but a bad long term investment

#36     Jun 6, 2008
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

I see CDS as a solid log term investment. I've traded them a lot in the past couple months, but I also maintain long positions of about 12,000 shares. They're fairly inexpensive right now, though pretty volatile from day to day. Their President just won Earnst & Young Florida Entrepreneur of the year award and they've been a Navallier strong buy top growth company for many months. If they can stay above $10 share at some point, the institutional buyers will catch wind of them.

#37     Jun 6, 2008
  8. mark2

mark2

Sorry, I have to disagree. DRYS is a buy at this point. As you said, the chart tells all. And it would be a good mid to long term investment as well, from the fundamental point of view.

#38     Jun 6, 2008
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

DRYS P/E is incredibly low, but their 2009 earnings estimates are lower than 2008. GNK and EXM have significantly higher estimates for 2009. For whatever long term earnings estimates are worth:eek:

#39     Jun 6, 2008
  10. mark2

mark2

Nice user name!

#40     Jun 6, 2008