Anybody in on the dry bulk shipping action? (DRYS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Thermactor, May 29, 2008.

1. MOS hasn't gone up appreciably in the past month and a half, at least as long as I've been observing it. It's a trader's stock. It trades between the mid 110s and upper 120s but is stuck rangebound.

#11     May 30, 2008
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Sold 5 June $85 puts at 3:59 yesterday when it tanked. $1750 profit at expiration.

#12     May 30, 2008
  3. 129+ now. Looks like its gonna breakout. This is why buy and hold works so well with stocks like MOS and POT.

#13     Jun 2, 2008
  4. mark2

mark2

wow nice dip.. suck in more shipping stock today.

#14     Jun 3, 2008
  5. yeah, this stock is irrational, i'm getting frustrated with it

#15     Jun 3, 2008
  6. mark2

mark2

I won't worry. My view is the pullback is pretty much done after today.

#16     Jun 3, 2008
  7. DRYS is garbage. The chart is awful as are the fundamentals.

dump it

Drys is dependent on overseas OIL demand, but as oil becomes more epxensive coal is going to gain wider useage as a substitute of oil.

#17     Jun 3, 2008
  8. mark2

mark2

Sure you know what you ar talking about? I suggest you to check the company's profile and financial statements...

#18     Jun 3, 2008
  9. Ok, increased demand for coal.
    Dry ships transport coal.
    Increased demand for iron ore?
    Dry ships transport iron ore.
    Increased demand for grain?
    Dry ships transport grain.

#19     Jun 3, 2008
  10. It is heavily dependent on shipping rates and other factors while COAL and IRON isn't. The chart, however, tell all you need to know. There is a lot of dumping by smart money which explains why DRYS will often fall $3-5 in a day while the market is only down a little or when stocks like CLF and MOS are rising. DRYS is heavily distributed cause the momo traders are leaving.

#20     Jun 3, 2008