anybody here running an offshore fund as a US based investment manager LLC?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by eganbailey, Jan 24, 2008.

1. can you pm me?

2. If the LLC it's US based, you'll have to pay taxes in the US.

So, why not register the company completely offshore?
    You can buy recently registered companies, ready to operate, for almost pocket change. You can then change the company name if you don't like it.

3. From what I understand, the only advantage to running one offshore is if you have international investors but I'm not an expert in this field. Your better of using and LP rather than an LLC but you should form an LLC or S-corp to serve as the general partner for liability reasons. The costs of getting something like this off the ground are astrofreakingnomical.

4. to my knowledge if the manager is based in US and trading is done on US soil there has to be a US based LLC mostly registered in Delaware.
    and then the offshore fund is registered as a limited company for example in Cayman.
    the fund's funds are coming from non us investors at the moment..
    I guess for the taxes there is no way getting around it, if the manager is a US citizen, taxes should be paid from my understanding.
    if there are any other options let me know and it will be great to find someone who did this before so that he/she can be very helpful..
    Thank you in advance for all replies