Anybody heard of Generic Trade?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Sunfair, Nov 18, 2010.

1. RDPoS

RDPoS

The problem with deepdiscounttrading.com is the minimum balance. I have to rebuild incrementally from nothing, (thanks PFG.)

#21     Aug 6, 2012
  2. Chubbly

Chubbly

Anyone have feedback on these guys? I am looking for a new broker

#22     Feb 16, 2017
  3. status1

status1

I heard the name from another website and I wanted to give the platform demo a try after watching a video showing how the platform looks It reminds me of the Ironbeam platform I tried a while ago
    Unfortunately I did not get too far While trying to install the demo I got an error so I sent them an email to see if they can fix the problem
    Somehow I managed to get to another area on the website where I could download the 64 bit version (the demo version I first downloaded did not specify 32 or 64 bit so not sure if that was even the latest version)
    Anyway after installing the 64 bit version it's totally different than the Ironbeam version so not sure what's up with that
    Clicking on different thing on the top menu like charts I got a pop up window saying Upgrade to generic trader professional for $109/mo so if that's what it takes to get 0.59 cents commissions than I am no longer interested as it makes no sense financially

I will be updating this if I hear something new but so far it's not looking good for Generic trade

#23     Jul 23, 2023
  4. status1

status1

Unfortunately the error is not easy to fix so I am unable to demo the platform
    Also it's going to cost $59 a month to get RTD so unless you trade a lot the 0.59 cents commission is not that attractive

#24     Jul 24, 2023