Anybody having problems with OpenEcry?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rida07, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Have you checked the OEC forums?

3.5.0.7 is their latest supporting equities... looks good so far.
    3.4.0.7 is still available, mature and stable for trading futures & fx.

#21     Apr 1, 2010
  2. not lately, probably why no one is replying :)

#22     Apr 1, 2010
  3. i used open e cry and they r good.. even with their ocasionaly downtimes. they screwed up when upgrading too the new tabbed charts but w/e, i blew up my futures account so wasnt trading anymore at that time. in any case when i used them whenever i lost a trade it was because of myself.:D

#23     Apr 1, 2010
  4. feb2865

feb2865

thank you guys..

#24     Apr 1, 2010
  5. olias

olias

I think it's a solid platform too

#25     Apr 1, 2010
  6. very unreliable platform that not only has had problems , but platform problems that went unresolved for weeks at a time. stay away .

#26     Apr 1, 2010
  7. feb2865

feb2865

are you having problems lately? I am aware they had some issues before. I need to know as lately - present time. I just got an account open and I am collecting information before start transferring funds.

#27     Apr 1, 2010
  8. There are a lot of features and hooks to the platform and its API.
    Just Test and Retest... do not upgrade your live platform without testing new revs in their SIM environment.

Previously OEC had forced all users with mandatory platform updates to their latest rev. 3.4.0.3 and 3.4.0.4 caused some major head aches. This is no longer the case... but exercise care.

One example of a current bug is when you update their marketreplay plugin it resets the keep history flag to 14 days causing anything older to be deleted.

These replay files are stored in user\appdata\local\oec\marketreplay directory. Make sure your backup hits this directory otherwise your SOL.

#28     Apr 1, 2010
  9. I've been running v3.5 and it's been great - many new updates and it's been running fine.

Demo v3.5 if you haven't yet!!

#29     Apr 1, 2010
  10. feb2865

feb2865

Hey brown. I was expecting your reply. I understand you've been with them for some time now...thanks.

Yes I have the v3.5 and I have to say I am truly impressed with the features.

I got the demo about two years ago and even the sim was buggy. At the same time I knew the were constantly improving the system, so I decided to give it a try now 2010.

I am going to fund the account and I'll let you guys know about my experience live with them.

I'll keep you guys posted.

In the meantime, with all respect to the originator of this thread, feel free to bring any recent experience with the platform and/or broker..

Thanks.

#30     Apr 1, 2010