Anybody hate volatiliy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipflopper, Oct 28, 2008.

1. My thoughts exactly. I think most people here are gambles and love the action.

So are you waiting on the sides trading smaller size??

#11     Oct 28, 2008
  2. Unlike you, of course, wailing away, "..make it stop..." This certainy suggests you know what yuo're doing.

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. Volatility=Profit potential if you know what you are doing. I like high leverage and high volatility of the underlying instrument.

#13     Oct 28, 2008
  4. I second that...!
    I trade options and the Volitility has made me money everyday.

#14     Oct 28, 2008
  5. lassic

lassic

my signals still work in this environment, just need to increase my stops and targets

i like a more quiet market

#15     Oct 28, 2008
  6. sphincter_trad3r - go the fuck away! You are PRECISELY why the market is shitty! Just like the dealers in CDO/MBS/(credit default swaps) - you gave your word that if X happened, then you would take action Y. You said that you would leave this board, if the S&P went below a number that YOU set....and it is WELL below that number. Do the honorable thing...and LEAVE!!!

You know - I chose to add - sphincter_trad3r, whenever you EVER post on this board again....if I notice it...I will post this same refrain - "LEAVE - you dumb liar!" On second thought - are you a "troll?" Just posting to piss people off? If so, you do a fairly good job of it. If you are a troll...I may have mercy and not post against you...but, then again, you seem so much like an arrogant moron...you couild actually believe the crap you write :D

#16     Oct 29, 2008
  7. i like it when it works in my favor. however im not a pro yet so its very difficult for me personally. knowing when to call it a day has helped me because one move in the last hour can wipe out your profits for the day. i hate that.

#17     Oct 29, 2008
  8. I'm naming my next pet VIX.
    Seriously though, the broader implications of the current markets are what is scaring me... enough to be cautious...
    At least it's not boring!
    Down Vix!!

#18     Oct 29, 2008
  9. I'll second that. It's going to be like going to a party sober when the vix gets back below 30. But I think we will have a protracted period of relatively high volatility. Maybe not vix at 70 but definitely above 40.

#19     Oct 29, 2008
  10. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

i want vix 150+.

then we know we've hit a bottom

#20     Oct 29, 2008