Anybody had Lasik done? It Seems Like My Eyesight Went Overnight

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Apr 26, 2019.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Baron you old sob!!!!

Have you checked your blood sugar lately ?

Does diabetes run in your family?

#31     May 13, 2019
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Actually that is my case. My eyes are different so one is good for reading, the other is for driving. Together they are good for both... I have glasses for both activities but I seldom use them, although I keep one in the car for legal reasons.

#32     May 14, 2019
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, my fasting blood sugar is 78 and diabetes is not hereditary in my family.

#33     May 14, 2019
  4. DTB2

DTB2

I have considered Lasik, but realized it was just for vanity. I will continue to pick up and put on my glasses 1st thing in the morning. Like I have since 3rd grade.:strong:

#34     May 19, 2019
  5. Have you had your eyes checked?

A few years ago I bought a new TV and when I brought it home, and played with all the features, I learned I could not read the closed captioning. CC was something I never used on my older TV, so I was not familiar with the option.

The little CC letters were blurry at the bottom and no matter how much I tried to adjust the settings and calibrate the TV it did not improve. So, I returned the TV the same day. Because, after all.......it had to be the TV. I got another model of the same TV and returned home. Same problem.

A few days later I went to WalMart and saw the eye doctor at their location as an afterthought. He told me I had a cataract in my right eye.

The hardest part about the cataract procedure was getting the appointment for the physical I needed before the operation. The cataract procedure only took 30 minutes. I was amazed at the results. It was like night and day. I was surprised at the difference in my eyesight and everything I had been missing.

If you, or anyone else here ever requires a cataract procedure, ( the DR told me that eventually everyone will need it ) get the upgraded option with the "Clear Sight or Crystal Clear Lens". I don't recall the exact name. But, the clerk told me that if I got the upgrade, that it would improve my vision even more and I would not need glasses for Reading. I thought that I was being up-sold like it happens to us at dealerships.....
    "would you like leather upholstery or the option for extra paint protection with your new car"?

I declined, but I wish I had gone the extra mile. It was an extra $1500 or $2k, but I guess the experiences I have had at dealerships left me a bit defensive and skeptical. I wear glasses for Reading and viewing items up close, but otherwise my vision is fine now.

Good Luck.

#35     Jun 15, 2019
  6. nursebee

nursebee

I’ve not heard of lasik for this.
    Welcome to the club.
    Something like progressive contacts are an option. They do something like distance in the middle and bifocalish outer edge for near. Too Trippy for me so went the bifocal route. Still not perfect.

Getting old is not for wimps.

#36     Jun 16, 2019
  7. luisHK

luisHK

How do u get idebenone ? I find tablets neither on Amazon Spain nor on Ebay, where there are sellers from all over the world ?!?
    Only find it in Cosmetic products

#37     Jul 28, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

#38     Jul 29, 2019
    luisHK likes this.
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks, pricey supp, just saw on a website the 300mg pills are for sale as a medicine in Spanish pharmacies, apparently much cheaper. No idea whether it s hard to get, will ask
    Can t read anymore information on many food packagings, so need to do something about it

#39     Jul 29, 2019
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I hear you, but some of the text on food packages like ingredient lists or nutrition breakdown is ridiculously small and some of them have the faintest text colors as well. I don't care how good your eyes are, a lot of that text is just hard to read. I bought this thing which helps out tremendously when you want to read the nitty-gritty details of the fine print:

#40     Jul 29, 2019
    Frederick Foresight and luisHK like this.