Anybody had Lasik done? It Seems Like My Eyesight Went Overnight

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I know a 70 year old raw vegan who swears his eye has gotten better via his diet. From bad eyesight to good. But dayum that’s a tough ass diet. He hasn’t cooked a meal since 1989.

#11     May 2, 2019
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I have a friend who did this about 15 years ago. Till today no problems and very satisfied.
    She was in her early 20's when she did it.

#12     May 2, 2019
  3. If I had to bet a dollar, I'd say that his cooking/not cooking had little to do with it. I know a couple of people whose eyesight for distance has improved as they got older. They are not raw vegans. And that included me. While I never needed reading glasses, I began wearing glasses for driving near my 30s. A few years ago, I found that I didn't really need them anymore. Presently, I'm 60. I eat cooked food and am not a vegan. I'm guessing changes with age may have had something to do with it.

#13     May 2, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

As a follow-up, I'm currently doing a mashup of some of the suggestions made here.

I'm taking the astaxanthin as recommended and I am currently waiting on the idebenone to be delivered. In addition to that, I just started the 3-month eye training program from the Glasses Off app. So we'll see how it goes.

@stepan7, I would love to hear your feedback on those glasses and if they work for you or not.

#14     May 2, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  5. vanv0029

vanv0029

Have you tried soft contact lens. I have always been extremely far sighted (+8.5), but now see better than I ever have. I can barely see well enough to change them. The extended wear brand Proclear Compatibles have a very large correction range for both near and far sided (I have 3 more diopters to go). I change lens every month two days so I always have one lens in to see to change it. They are not expensive.

#15     May 3, 2019
  6. stepan7

stepan7

1. I would never do Lasik. It's irreversible procedure and permanent body damage.

2. I firm believer in that part Bates's theory that:
    "Bates adhered to a different explanation of accommodation that had already been generally disregarded by the medical community of his time. Bates' model had the muscles surrounding the eyeball controlling its focus."

Also:

3. I am doing eyes exercises (or see attached images) twice per day.

4. I am using pinhole glasses for about 15 years while reading and working with computer and a sun glasses replacement. The holes act as lenses with infinite focus. Its forced eyes stay relaxed at all time but "muscles surrounding the eyeball" have to move eyeballs - natural training.

5. There are some other exercises to like "reading book by one eye (cover another one) at as far/near as possible distances for hyperopia/myopia respectively. Do it about 20 min. Then switch the eye".

Pinhole glasses are not that expensive. I recommend one with thinner holes. Try it yourself. You may like it.

Though, I believe human body is self-sufficient. It would be interesting to know how astaxanthin and idebenone worked for you.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    #16     May 3, 2019
  7. vanv0029

vanv0029

I think the problem with Bates and other orthoptics methods is that they work best in oung people and quit working maybe after early 20s. The UC Berkeley optomistry school did have me on a orthoptics eye exercise program when I started graduate school and it did help.

#17     May 5, 2019
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Of course you could have used normal glasses during the same time period. They only work while they are on:

The guy tells you a simple exercise: Make a fist with a small hole/tunnel. Look through it far away. It will improve your eye sight. I tried it, it really works! As long as I use my fist as a spyglass!

#18     May 5, 2019
  9. stepan7

stepan7

This guy is missed the fact that using pinhole glasses forced eye balls to move - natural exercise. It’s prevent eyesight to deteriorate further. But one thing is 100% true - “you have to know the cause”.

#19     May 5, 2019
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I highly doubt you have evidence to back this up. And something better than your N=1 personal story.

Also, do they work in the dark? Eyeglasses do.

#20     May 5, 2019