Anybody got a system with Profit Factor 2.0+ over 2000 trades?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by KRSNA, Sep 6, 2006.

1. m4a1

m4a1

well this is just a positive way to spin what really goes on in the corporate world.

a manager who doesn't know how to do the work himself (read political appointee of the higher level manager) motivates the worker bees by misleading them. the manager takes 90% of the credit for delegating reponsibilities to other people. he keeps the worker bees motivated by getting them to compete with each other to see who can whork the hardest and impress him the most.

when one of the worker bees finally realizes the manager's game, the manager replaces him with the hundreds of young lambs who are eager to have the "opportunity" to contribute to the firm

#31     Sep 8, 2006
  2. Um... that's a PF of 2.67

#32     Sep 8, 2006
  3. No, it's not. You are assuming a constant position size per trade. The Avg Win:Avg Loss ratio is per contract.

-Raystonn

#33     Sep 9, 2006
  4. No, I'm going by what you posted. PF can be calculated from % wins and Avg Win:Avg Loss ratio. Position size is already in those stats.

#34     Sep 9, 2006
  5. fletch2

fletch2

He said avg win:avg loss was stated per contract. So no, it isn't.

Fletch

#35     Sep 9, 2006
  6. You need to re-do 2nd grade reading and you both need to re-do 5th grade math. I'd explain it but you don't have the intellect to grasp it. Good luck and please put me on iggy.

#36     Sep 9, 2006
  7. I took a look at that site, but I couldnt see sled or winkb anywhere

how do you go about exploring/implementing either of these systems?

#37     Sep 9, 2006
  8. If the winning trades averaged the same number of contracts as the losing trades, then you could figure the profit factor from the win:loss ratio. As it stands, you cannot. That is why I included both statistics.

-Raystonn

#38     Sep 9, 2006
  9. Curtis Faith and Chuck Branscomb came up with a fairly slick way to extend "Profit Factor" into the domain of non-constant position sizes. Rather than take the ratio of (Total_Dollars_Won) / (Total_Dollars_Lost), they invented "Percent Profit Factor" which takes the ratio of (Total_Percent_of_Account_Won) / (Total_Percent_of_Account_Lost). The attached image, swiped off Curtis's website, shows the math more precisely.

• ppf.png
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
    #39     Sep 9, 2006
  10. No...the reality is that you posted a bunch of bogus stats that you don't understand and got caught. And now you're trying to BS your way out of it so it's pointless trying to reason with you.

#40     Sep 9, 2006