Anybody familiar with "The Way To Trade"?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Hamb-ltrd, Jan 3, 2004.

1. I have been receiving emails and mini advertising courses promoting the book "The Way To Trade" by John Piper.

Is anybody familiar with the book or the author?
    Would it be any help to a beginner-intermidiate trader?

Hamb

2. traderob

traderob

I thought it was quite good

3. Hi Roberk

In what way it helped you?
    Is it all about psychology?

Can you elaborate?

Hamb

4. I found it an interesting book, one worth reading. Certainly Piper is very thorough in his explanation of methodology, potential stumbling blocks and ways to approach overcoming them.

Having read the book I found the author refreshingly honest about his trading and related difficulties - this was useful to me. Others revealing their tactics and problem areas seems to make thinking about one's own approach and weaknesses easier.

For example, he reveals what I interpreted to be a personal need to "be clever". Trading for him has to be an intellectual exercise as well as a money making endeavour. As such, this shapes his trading style (and choice of markets). In turn, this helps you to reflect on yourself an find an approach that is tailored to your personality. Useful....

In conclusion, the book certainly deals strongly with psychology. However, there is more to it than that. The book discusses in reasonable detail what look to be very credible trading strategies. (Mainly directional, short sale option trades)

5. traderob

traderob

Yeah it was good on psychology. I thought it was most suited to a beginner and swing trader (I am intraday)so I asked for and got my refund no problem. Anyway the writer is a genuine trader who is making money - and that is the most important thing to look for in a book.