Anybody experience with SpoozToolz ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ASusilovic, Jun 21, 2007.

1. fedfunz

fedfunz

I think the best contact at Spooz would be Tom Opper. 312.379.3166
    I believe he is coordinating demos.

I believe at this time Spooz is beta testing in a very small circle. However, that will change during the 4th quarter, I have been told.

#11     Sep 17, 2007
  2. kamisu

kamisu

Thanks fedfunz...I know some traders who would be interested in seeing a live demo of SpoozToolz, in Chicago.

They'll probably look into participating in the beta test too, if it's possible.

I've checked out the demo several times over the weekend...can't get over the flexiblity of the system.

And I see on their website that it's already been released to some proprietary trading firms...did I read that right?

Anyway...I'd like to get to Chicago myself. kami

#12     Sep 17, 2007
  3. fedfunz

fedfunz

I do not know who the "testers" are. I believe someone is using it somewhere. Spooz is responsible for that information.

I see the product as a step-up/ next gen trading platform that I would like to utilize.

I think there would be many like me who would enjoy finally getting their hands on a trading platform that you configure yourself anyway you want, whenever you want to change it. Add the myriad of user customizable products and all the rest you got an edge that has long passed many by.

#13     Sep 17, 2007
  4. jjf

jjf

It looks good ff. Many thanks.
    Are they offering it thru brokers or only thru themselves.

#14     Sep 17, 2007
  5. fedfunz

fedfunz

From what I understand you will have to go through a broker.

I think you download the software from Spooz and they have a list of brokerages that they are connected with.

Anything more technical than that, call Spooz.

#15     Sep 17, 2007
  6. Kami,

I was reading where the Spooz private trading group decided to keep the proprietary component and secret recipe Fractalz3 to themselves. Do you suppose that was at the request of the investor/buyer?

Clay

#16     Sep 17, 2007
  7. kamisu

kamisu

Clay,

checked out the SpoozToolz website looking for Fractalz info.

From what I read, Fractalz is a computational component for trading...takes random market data, finds multidimensional patterns, isolates the data connected to patterns and predicts futre patterns.

Must work well if an investor/buyer wants to keep access contolled...kami

#17     Sep 17, 2007
  8. Thats What I am thinking Kami,

I think a buyer may have stepped in and caused the quiet period while they work out the details of a buyout.

Clay

#18     Sep 17, 2007
  9. I will check it out once everybody and their mother have used it for at least a year. :D

Some good ideas...just not enough real world action yet.

#19     Sep 18, 2007
  10. erics516

erics516

These are some pretty real world results! Grant the 'certified' numbers should be out soon. If they are as good as this - I could smell hedge funds galore! There was only a small amount of seed money to start this so the potential is huge once the investors come in.

The Following is an Excerpt from the July 19, 2007 Press Pelease

http://www.spooz.com/press_details.aspx?ContentID=110

Under development since January 2007, SWARM is a high-frequency, light-touch trading model developed by Spooz employees, Jame’ Groves, Erik Long and Dr. Peng He. Executed on Spooz’s signature SpoozToolz™ software, SWARM is a combination of proprietary arbitrage models that exploit local and spatial price discovery. Its unique weighted components allow for “dynamic” co-integration balancing between multiple correlated markets. Because its success is based on the automation of quantitative strategies, SWARM’s trading performance is not dependent on any specific market direction, but rather on precise micro-second calculations to identify opportunities as they arise.

“The live trading test resulted in surprisingly good numbers. Although it represented a small number of actual trades, when considered together with simulated trades conducted in June, we believe the results to be statistically significant enough to enter into the production phase,” stated Jame’ Groves, Director of Financial Engineering for Spooz. “It’s time to build a proprietary trading division capable of becoming an important profit center for the company.”

All trading occurred in a third party account. The beta test period began July 2, 2007 and continued through July 18, 2007. For the beta period, only two spreads in the energy complex were traded. The following unaudited results were generated from account statements:

Trading Days: 12
    Number of Trades: 244
    Average Trades per Day: 20.3
    Number of Winners: 234
    Number of Losers: 5
    Number of Scratches: * 5
    Winning Percentage: 95.9 %
    Losing Percentage: 2.05 %
    Scratch Percentage: 2.05%
    Average Winning Trade: ** $30
    Average Losing Trade: ** $16

* A scratch is a trade initiated and offset at the same price. Transaction fees apply.

** Based upon one contract; excluding commissions and fees.

#20     Sep 18, 2007