Anybody else worried about IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Genevian Speculator, Mar 29, 2020.

Are you worried as well?

1. Yes

7.5%
  2. No

75.0%
  3. Im not IB client, or want to see results

17.5%
  1. When I last checked, IB was rated BBB+ by S&P which means close above non-investment grade. Anybody else worried of their funds beeing there? I'm personally deeply worried. The grade was from before shit hit the fan in terms of market movements..

SelfMadeDude likes this.
  2. clacy

clacy

IB has some fairly stringent margin requirements and liquidation procedures IMO

3. hafez50

hafez50

Then you need to stick your money under a mattress. If they go somebody will buy them . If not your money is toilet paper anyway .Nobodys ever lost a dime in a spic brokerage account

VPhantom, ET180, KCalhoun and 2 others like this.
  4. Plus their segregated funds dollar amount is insane last time I checked.

I don't think either stock or futures account holders should be concerned...

5. Most of IB is owned by the managers, skin in the game. They care 0.5% of their debt rating but on their ability to survive forever.

6. I'm European IB client. Means bail in for me, I would be a shareholder without further notice. That seems far more likely then losing all at once.

forexpreneur likes this.
  7. Thanks, that calmed my nerves a lot.

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

They post monthly statistics in the investor relations section of their website. I expect customer equity to decline as long only investors lose money and withdrawals are made. I took the cash out of my account.

Genevian Speculator likes this.
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson

SIPC only really good for the first half million and capped at 250,000 cash - so everyone has pretty much to a distributed FDIC bank system. Excess IMHO won't survive a really bad event and even if it did the coverage is aggregate so not all that meaningful Madoff and MF Global both had SIPC on the equity side. MF was EVENTUALLY made whole and Madoff may actually get close. A lot will depend on what creates the shock to the system

10. Edmond

Edmond

what did you do with the cash?

#10     Mar 29, 2020